Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leno or Emi? Who would you rather keep?

Leno or Emi? Who would you rather keep?

Old skool poll.

I like Emi m'self cos he's shown he can play the ball around at the back in the way MA loves and can also hit killer 70 yard passes.

And I also like some academy furriner getting his chance by a freak accident 10 years later and grabbing it with both hands, winning us the cup.

I know we're desperate for cash to spend elsewhere, but he's earned his place in the first XI. Let him keep it until he fücks up.

I’m disappointed with the current price for Martinez.

Villa actually thought they had a chance with an £8m bid plus add ons taking it to £10m...now they’ve scrapped together some weird £20 deal.

Man like him should £40m cash easy.

Hope we keep him...imagine selling him on the cheap with a Covid Discount then a cure is found and everything returns to normal

Also can’t believe Villa are the only other club interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Old skool poll.

I like Emi m'self cos he's shown he can play the ball around at the back in the way MA loves and can also hit killer 70 yard passes.

And I also like some academy furriner getting his chance by a freak accident 10 years later and grabbing it with both hands, winning us the cup.

I know we're desperate for cash to spend elsewhere, but he's earned his place in the first XI. Let him keep it until he fücks up.
    Both. I want them both, at least for this season.

I’d make Martinez no. 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Both. I want them both, at least for this season.

I’d make Martinez no. 1 though.
    It seems an odd thing to do now - sell one keeper right before the start of the season. Macey is probably not thought of as back up quality so we would need to bring in a new keeper. This Brentford lad looks most likely (and their is some sense in that we have bought in the setpiece coach from there as well). I'm with you on Emi though - just seems more commanding around the box

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It seems an odd thing to do now - sell one keeper right before the start of the season. Macey is probably not thought of as back up quality so we would need to bring in a new keeper. This Brentford lad looks most likely (and their is some sense in that we have bought in the setpiece coach from there as well). I'm with you on Emi though - just seems more commanding around the box
    Emi has the shirt. He should keep it, imo.

And, IF we have to sell one, shirley Leno is worth more than Emi? But the difference in ability probably isn't as wide as the valuations of the players?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The timing is strange but must be that Emi was told he can't be guarateed to be number 1. It's sad

I like Leno but I Emi has glue on his gloves. I think Leno gives away more rebounds and Emi is more confident playing out from the back.

Also first time Leno makes a cock up there will be an online meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Emi has the shirt. He should keep it, imo.

And, IF we have to sell one, shirley Leno is worth more than Emi? But the difference in ability probably isn't as wide as the valuations of the players?
    I reckon its more, we'd like to keep Emi but he would like to leave to be 1st somewhere else and we won't stand in his way as he's been here for ages.

Not sure how much substance there is in these rumours, I agree it would be very strange to do unless someone was going to offer 50mil or so such.

Martinez is a big man, shouldn’t be under-estimated how much of an advantage that is on set pieces imo.

As a goalkeeper of some renown myself I can categorically state that Leno is a better shot stopper and Emi is a better in the air and with his feet. It's a 50/50. Keep both or sell Leno for more sterling monies imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I reckon its more, we'd like to keep Emi but he would like to leave to be 1st somewhere else and we won't stand in his way as he's been here for ages.
    The point I'm trying to make is that I think he should be first choice. Leno for cups and if EM fücks up then swap them round.