Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My missus us a better WK than Buttler. Those 3 yesterday were flukes. Foakes ton,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Due to his superhuman fitness, Stokes seems quire happy to bowl long spells - even when bowling short stuff.
    Agree about a Giles-type figure. That's the advantage a left-armer has, of course. If all else fails they can just bowl at the rough outside leg and prevent scoring.
    You've reminded me about Curran, which has distressed me. They're going to take him and Woakes to Australia, aren't they?
    Will be:

Broad
    Jake Ball
    Archer/Wood
    S Curran
    Leach
    Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Will be:

Broad
    Jake Ball
    Archer/Wood
    S Curran
    Leach
    Stokes
    **** me rich - Jake Ball - ae you trying to send b over the edge

Will be:

Broad
    Jake Ball
    Archer/Wood
    S Curran
    Leach
    Stokes
    Nah. If Archer and Wood are both fit, they'll both tour. Whether they'll both play is another matter. Jake Ball is a non-entity.

Nah. If Archer and Wood are both fit, they'll both tour. Whether they'll both play is another matter. Jake Ball is a non-entity.
    If Wood and Archer take the new ball in Brisbane, I might actually believe we could win

It won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If Wood and Archer take the new ball in Brisbane, I might actually believe we could win

It won't happen
    How many of our batsmen have performed well in Oz and are still in reasonable form?

I'm not sure where the optimism comes from. Warner and Smith are fully over cheatgate and we're going to need to take more than 1-125 from spin per game.

We are going to get absolutely battered.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    How many of our batsmen have performed well in Oz and are still in reasonable form?

I'm not sure where the optimism comes from. Warner and Smith are fully over cheatgate and we're going to need to take more than 1-125 from spin per game.

It was moment of fleeting optimism, afc e. I'm sure you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was moment of fleeting optimism, afc e. I'm sure you are right
    I feel bad now

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post

Well Root averages 48 over there, Stokes averages nearly 40 and has made a ton there and is now 10 times the batsman he was then. The others haven't really played there, but we now have two very, very promising young middle order batsmen and an opening pair who, while they have their faults, are capable of making 50 partnerships with a consistency we haven't seen since Cook and Strauss.
    Be as miserable as you like, but there are grounds for optimism.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-25-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Well Root averages 48 over there, Stokes averages nearly 40 and has made a ton there and is now 10 times the batsman he was then. The others haven't really played there, but we now have two very, very promising young middle order batsmen and an opening pair who, while they have their faults, are capable of making 50 partnerships with a consistency we haven't seen since Cook and Strauss.
    Be as miserable as you like, but there are grounds for optimism.
    I'm sorry but I don't know that I can stand to watch Burns twist and contort himself as their opening bowlers charge in. We must find an alternative.

I'm sorry but I don't know that I can stand to watch Burns twist and contort himself as their opening bowlers charge in. We must find an alternative.
    No fan of his (Surrey scum, obviously) but he did very well against them last time. We should stick with him