Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The boy Tierney

We should keep all options open with him...an attacking ball playing centre back is a very rare and costly find imo

Up to him and Arteta really...if they want him bombing down the left wing instead then so be it...he looked great for Celtic doing that.

All I know is that Leicester can F off if they think he’s a replacement for Chilwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    All I know is that Leicester can F off if they think he’s a replacement for Chilwell.
    Why would anyone want to go to Lester from The Arsenal *
    And why would we want to sell him?

* was Geordie Armstrong the last won we sold to them?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Why would anyone want to go to Lester from The Arsenal *
    And why would we want to sell him?

* was Geordie Armstrong the last won we sold to them?
    Might well be - thought we sold Eddie Kelly to them but he went via QPR (I saw Kelly play for Leicester in the first ever professional game I saw –*against Bournemouth at Dean Court). Only member of the 71 double winning team I saw play

"..attacking ball-playing centre back.."

I don't think there's a more terrifying phrase than that in the whole of football. Maybe even in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    We should keep all options open with him...an attacking ball playing centre back is a very rare and costly find imo

Up to him and Arteta really...if they want him bombing down the left wing instead then so be it...he looked great for Celtic doing that.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

I don't think there's a more terrifying phrase than that in the whole of football. Maybe even in the whole world.
    Goalkeeper who is good with his feet perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Ruud Krol’s later years were spent at centre half