Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was rather nice to watch an old fashioned backs to the wall defensive

It was rather nice to watch an old fashioned backs to the wall defensive

performance last night. I mean, depressing that that's how far we've fallen, certainly. But quite fun anyway.

wd afc. wd ma.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    performance last night. I mean, depressing that that's how far we've fallen, certainly. But quite fun anyway.

wd afc. wd ma.
    With 30 mins left I thought this was a rather bold move by Areta that wasn't going to work.

with 20 mins left I then decided we are 100% going to win this game. There was a determination to defend at all costs from our players that I haven't seen for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    With 30 mins left I thought this was a rather bold move by Areta that wasn't going to work.

with 20 mins left I then decided we are 100% going to win this game. There was a determination to defend at all costs from our players that I haven't seen for a long time.
    I do like to see a centre half throwing himself in front of a shot

I do like to see a centre half throwing himself in front of a shot
    It was like Arsenal had 5 or 6 John Terry's in the box at the end. Sorry for that horrible thought but you know what I mean
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

wd afc. wd ma.
    Going direct on the rare occasions we did have the ball. Playing for throw in’s and free kicks in the Liverpool half. Gaining territory. Proper Stoke City/Burnley style. Marvellous stuff.

Probably the only way we could’ve got anything. The team looks absolutely knackered. Unfortunately I can’t see them having the legs to repeat it on the Wembley pitch against City.

wd afc. wd ma.
    oh yes
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    oh yes
    I like a no-nonsense northerner. (If he plays for us.)

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    oh yes
    hehe 'ave that ya ***** **** he thankfully didn't say. Nice little kick out form the diving cnut.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

In amongst all the silliness. There is evidence of some actual defensive strategy being developed. You can see Arteta has been working away on it. Must be galling for him whenever Mustafi, Luiz and Kolasinac decided to **** it all up with an insane pass. Apart from City away, we’ve been in winning positions or level, until late on in every game. Mikel has made that team competitive. Even if it doesn’t always feel like it when watching.

21 points dropped this season from winning positions

Just half of that would have us in a shootout with Chelsea for 3rd

Then there’s the points lost from woeful decisions....speaking of which...why no red for Trent’s tackle on Saka.

Straight red using the Eddie case as an example.

-