Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why are we so shît? Old Skool Poll.

Why are we so shît? Old Skool Poll.

a. Kronky
    b. the defence
    c. Getting rid of Arsène
    d. Not moving Arsène upstairs when we could have got Klopppppp.
    e. The fact that after buying Ozil then Alexis, we then went Cech, Xhaka, Mustafi, Laca*, Sok, Pépé as our big money buys.
    f. AFTV.

I know this is a footie post, but I'm pissed and pissed off. It's all Berni's fault. God's taking the pîss out of him. That's why we're losing the cricket, at home, to the WIndies b-team. Next Ashes, we'll lose 5-0, each by an innings, and get relegated. You mark my words.

*I like Laca. But for the team at the time, he didn't offer 50m more than Olly. If we could have got Auba 6 months earlier, and sold Alexis, we'd have had an extra 100m to play with. I know he wasn't available. But since Alexis, all our big money buys have been crap, minus Leno, and poss Torreira as squad. And Leno doesn't look that much better than the youngish Argie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    a. Kronky
    b. the defence
    c. Getting rid of Arsène
    e. The fact that after buying Ozil then Alexis, we then went Cech, Xhaka, Mustafi, Laca*, Sok, Pépé as our big money buys.
    f. AFTV.

I know this is a footie post, but I'm pissed and pissed off. It's all Berni's fault. God's taking the pîss out of him. That's why we're losing the cricket, at home, to the WIndies b-team. Next Ashes, we'll lose 5-0, each by an innings, and get relegated. You mark my words.

*I like Laca. But for the team at the time, he didn't offer 50m more than Olly. If we could have got Auba 6 months earlier, and sold Alexis, we'd have had an extra 100m to play with. I know he wasn't available. But since Alexis, all our big money buys have been crap, minus Leno, and poss Torreira as squad. And Leno doesn't look that much better than the youngish Argie.
    We have, for whatever reason, ended up with a vast majority of playing staff who shouldn't even be considered 'good enough' for The Arsenal.

And the self-fulfilling prophecy has come to pass; The Arsenal standard has now fallen to the level of those players.

Xhaka, for instance, is currently reckoned to be one of the best midfielders at the club. AND HE'S FúCKING SHíT... a poor man's Song, or maybe Denilson.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Settling for Mesut, rather than getting Higuain, imo. But I would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    a. Kronky
    b. the defence
    c. Getting rid of Arsène
    f. AFTV.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

a. Kronky
    b. the defence
    c. Getting rid of Arsène
    f. AFTV.

All of the above imo but also g. The natural cycle of a football club. In my lifetime there's been Wenger's first 10 years, GG's little spell and the '71 double. Aside from that there's been lots of crap with a sprinkling of cups. Nothing to be bothered about really
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

We'll Said, B. We've still done better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    All of the above imo but also g. The natural cycle of a football club. In my lifetime there's been Wenger's first 10 years, GG's little spell and the '71 double. Aside from that there's been lots of crap with a sprinkling of cups. Nothing to be bothered about really
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Higuain was pretty much done too but we got seduced by the 40m + £1 for Suarez

I think the move away from Highbury broke us in so many ways.

The new place just doesn’t provide the same containment and protection we enjoyed at Highbury...we went from shutting down Real Madrid to getting mugged about by Anderletch and Olympiakos

It’s just been a downward spiral since then with added problems of a lack of money, poor signings, shoody upper management, annoying millennial players and new style of playing the game which we haven’t adapted too...our over reliance on Alexis and the Ozil just underlines a total failure to understand how a team works and how you win games.

-

Arteta is trying his best but fark me he’s working with some absolute dog sh*t

I’d much rather play Leno in goal and Martinez as the left sided centre back rather than put up with roid rage Kolasinac.

Calling Luiz Sideshow Bob is actually an insult to the real Sideshow Bob who was a criminal mastermind.

Mustafi will always be Mustafi...nice chap I’m sure but fark me...

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Good point.

a. Kronky
    b. the defence
    c. Getting rid of Arsène
    f. AFTV.

It’s all about the players, GG. Wenger didn’t forget how to train players or what tactics to use, we slid down the table because he could no longer find Henrys, Vieiras and Pires. As that red-nosed, Munich c*nt said, once the French players dried up, he had no alternatives.

We still haven’t recovered from those latter Wenger years because the people that replaced Wenger have been unable to replicate what he did from 96-04 when the player recruitment was excellent. Personally, I think there are some good signs - Tierney, Martinelli, Saka, Leno/Martinez, Saliba, Torreira and others give me optimism.

But it will take time and patience and there is certainly no guarantee. But this is where we separate the true supporter from the whinging, pubescent c*nt who uses the club to hide their own inadequacies.

I look forward to the summer recruitment effort and next season knowing that we have a chance to improve, to get it right.