Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Seattle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seattle

The City of Seattle held a racially segregated employee training session aimed at White staffers and instructing them on "undoing your own whiteness" in order to be held accountable by people of color, according to documents obtained by a public records request.

One handout distributed in the session declared how “racism is not our fault but we are responsible." Another said White staffers must give up “the land” and their “guaranteed physical safety” in order to be an “accomplice” for racial justice.

In the email invitation to the event, the office asked “city employees who identify as white to join this training to learn, reflect, challenge ourselves, and build skills and relationships that help us show up more fully as allies and accomplices for racial justice.”

-

What if you’re white in the real world but identify as black in their broken reality? Do you still have to attend? Or even vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The City of Seattle held a racially segregated employee training session aimed at White staffers and instructing them on "undoing your own whiteness" in order to be held accountable by people of color, according to documents obtained by a public records request.

One handout distributed in the session declared how “racism is not our fault but we are responsible." Another said White staffers must give up “the land” and their “guaranteed physical safety” in order to be an “accomplice” for racial justice.

In the email invitation to the event, the office asked “city employees who identify as white to join this training to learn, reflect, challenge ourselves, and build skills and relationships that help us show up more fully as allies and accomplices for racial justice.”

-

What if you’re white in the real world but identify as black in their broken reality? Do you still have to attend? Or even vice versa?
    I'm rooting for the Asteroid at this point T...or maybe a virus that targets people born in the mid 90's

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    I'm rooting for the Asteroid at this point T...or maybe a virus that targets people born in the mid 90's
    Generation Y bb, ****z the lot of them, as I've said before... Hitler you cnut, why didn't you win?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'