Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: 87-5. Calypso collapso. Should have bowled.

87-5. Calypso collapso. Should have bowled.

Useless English donkeys.

Why can't we make batsmen any more? Can't we find some Saffers with English grannies?

Now that they’ve got Archer they should send scouts out for Chanderpaul 2.0 imo

A player like with his style and mental fortitude would be excellent here.

Windies regularly get players like this but they get mugged about by politics and end up concentrating on T20.

Would make a nice change from the standard South African imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Now that they’ve got Archer they should send scouts out for Chanderpaul 2.0 imo

A player like with his style and mental fortitude would be excellent here.

Windies regularly get players like this but they get mugged about by politics and end up concentrating on T20.

Would make a nice change from the standard South African imo
    Agreed. But given our top order, I'd quite happily take a few Saffers. I knew when we put them in yesterday that we'd collapse. So it will be us trying to bat to save the test on a wearing 4th/5th day pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Useless English donkeys.

Why can't we make batsmen any more? Can't we find some Saffers with English grannies?
    Good toss to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Agreed. But given our top order, I'd quite happily take a few Saffers. I knew when we put them in yesterday that we'd collapse. So it will be us trying to bat to save the test on a wearing 4th/5th day pitch.
    Given that we absolutely destroyed the South African batting line-up in the winter, what makes you think that players that aren't good enough for them will be of any use for us

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Good toss to lose
    Yeah - can see why Stokes did what he did but basically let down by useless Surrey (and ex-Surrey) and Kent batsmen