Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone seem to think that Hector is crocked?

Why does everyone seem to think that Hector is crocked?

Seems to be moving very well to me, and combining very well with Saka on the right.

Pepe and Tierney on the left, Hector and Saka on the right

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Seems to be moving very well to me, and combining very well with Saka on the right.

Hopefully that is the long-term plan. I think Soares has provoked a reaction from Hector - thought he looked a little more like his old self last night. Would prefer Pepe on the right and Saka left - but they should be able to swap during games anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

That’s a bit silly. Pepe’s greatest strength is cutting in from the right and scoring goals. You’d completely take that away playing him on the left. He’d be constantly going away from goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    That’s a bit silly. Pepe’s greatest strength is cutting in from the right and scoring goals. You’d completely take that away playing him on the left. He’d be constantly going away from goal.
    Ok, switch them around then. Or teach them to be able to play either side, to be more flexible because as professional footballers and elite athletes I would expect that of them.

If Pepe can only cut inside on his left and score goals he won’t last long and we shouldn’t have paid £70mil for him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hopefully that is the long-term plan. I think Soares has provoked a reaction from Hector - thought he looked a little more like his old self last night. Would prefer Pepe on the right and Saka left - but they should be able to swap during games anyway
    Hang on. That's basically what I said in the post you slagged off.

Agree about HB. I thought the reason we hadn't seen the best of Pépé was HB not getting into the box like the old days. Seemed like Arteta had been getting him to tuck in in MF.

Pépé needs the overlap, so if you cut off his left foot shot option, he can just knock it down the line for the overlapping FB.

My suspicion is Bellend realises no other club would put up with his off the field bs.

For now Arteta has him where he wants ie having to play out of his skin or put on the transfer list.

-

But going back to the attacking midfield element...combining Saka and Pepe effectively will be key especially if the rumours of Ceballos leaving and the more defensive Partey coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    My suspicion is Bellend realises no other club would put up with his off the field bs.

For now Arteta has him where he wants ie having to play out of his skin or put on the transfer list.

-

But going back to the attacking midfield element...combining Saka and Pepe effectively will be key especially if the rumours of Ceballos leaving and the more defensive Partey coming in.
    More importantly - why do you bat first in these conditions. Bloody stupid Kiwi

I’m still fuming about Pooran being left out :vex:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Hang on. That's basically what I said in the post you slagged off.

Agree about HB. I thought the reason we hadn't seen the best of Pépé was HB not getting into the box like the old days. Seemed like Arteta had been getting him to tuck in in MF.

Pépé needs the overlap, so if you cut off his left foot shot option, he can just knock it down the line for the overlapping FB.
    No - I prefer Saka on the left but your post was slagging him off for being **** there based on very limited evidence. He can certainly play there as shown in the first half last night when he was magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I’m still fuming about Pooran being left out :vex:
    That's a shame really