Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Hmm I am starting to believe Arteta is on to something good here.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hmm I am starting to believe Arteta is on to something good here.

players signing new deals when we have been at our worst for years.

In the past when we were not far off from the top they would leave

I suspect Aubameyang will stay. Even Lacazette's post on Instagram I think yetserday had the trust the process hashtag.

I think it will be a good summer for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I suspect Aubameyang will stay. Even Lacazette's post on Instagram I think yetserday had the trust the process hashtag.

Players used to leave us because they were good enough to choose to go to clubs with a better chance of success. We don't have that quality of player any more (Aubameyang excepted.)

I'm starting to enjoy this team of somewhat ordinary players. I'm not yearning for Bergkamp, Pires and Vieira any more; I'm remembering when it was exciting watching Sunderland, Price and Talbot.

What about Alan Ball? He's the reason I support the Arsenal apparently. Him and George Graham.
    When they were at Everton and Chelsea respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Players used to leave us because they were good enough to choose to go to clubs with a better chance of success. We don't have that quality of player any more (Aubameyang excepted.)

I'm starting to enjoy this team of somewhat ordinary players. I'm not yearning for Bergkamp, Pires and Vieira any more; I'm remembering when it was exciting watching Sunderland, Price and Talbot.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    What about Alan Ball? He's the reason I support the Arsenal apparently. Him and George Graham.
    When they were at Everton and Chelsea respectively
    The thing about Bally is that, according to the North Bank, “He shot his cum all over Lawrie’s bum.”

So think on, r.

Oh, nothing to do with me, of course; I was but a small child. Ball and Graham were my big brothers' favourite players.

The North Bank is never wrong. Stern, stolid, implacable, honest men; no sympathy for chaps, like McMenemy, that go about drinking non-alcoholic beer. Quite right too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The thing about Bally is that, according to the North Bank, “He shot his cum all over Lawrie’s bum.”

So think on, r.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Comment of the weekend from AFTV

Adama Traore is a juiced up Iwobi

-

Fair play to Arteta...getting the best out of some of them. Didn’t think that was possible. The new system has been very helpful.

Xhaka looking really good.

Mustafi in line for a new contact

Maitland came on at left wing back and did awfully well

Martinez has been tremendous...Leno might be in trouble here. I mean Emi’s probably thinking - well if Saka and Eddie can keep Ozil and Lacazette out then why not me with Leno.

Got to keep this win streak going though...15/15 gives us an extremely slim chance of 4th so it should be good for 5th or 6th lol using Tony Math

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Comment of the weekend from AFTV

Adama Traore is a juiced up Iwobi

-

Fair play to Arteta...getting the best out of some of them. Didn’t think that was possible. The new system has been very helpful.

Xhaka looking really good.

Mustafi in line for a new contact

Maitland came on at left wing back and did awfully well

Martinez has been tremendous...Leno might be in trouble here. I mean Emi’s probably thinking - well if Saka and Eddie can keep Ozil and Lacazette out then why not me with Leno.

Got to keep this win streak going though...15/15 gives us an extremely slim chance of 4th so it should be good for 5th or 6th lol using Tony Math
    Martinez is very impressive - had a bit more presence than Bernd (who was still one of our best players pre-lockdown and our man of the match v City) Good problem to have

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Didn't you say that once about Herman's Hermits
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'