Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Saka on the right FFS. No HB. No Pépé.

Saka on the right FFS. No HB. No Pépé.

I wish Gabby was fit. I'd love to see KT and Gabby on the left. Saka the left side of two AMs - an old skool no.8 - with 4-1-2-3. And Auba at no.9 but with licence to drift to the left like Titi used to do.

Totally overload them on the LHS. 4 on 2.

Pépé on the right but coming infield when we overload on the left to finish crosses with his left foot. I'd like Ozil in there, but would be happy with Ceballos as the right sided AM.

I just think Saka on the right negates possibly his greatest strength so far - those excellent left-footed crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I wish Gabby was fit. I'd love to see KT and Gabby on the left. Saka the left side of two AMs - an old skool no.8 - with 4-1-2-3. And Auba at no.9 but with licence to drift to the left like Titi used to do.

Totally overload them on the LHS. 4 on 2.

Pépé on the right but coming infield when we overload on the left to finish crosses with his left foot. I'd like Ozil in there, but would be happy with Ceballos as the right sided AM.

I just think Saka on the right negates possibly his greatest strength so far - those excellent left-footed crosses.
    This aged well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This aged well
    :Hehe: Though I thought Saka apart from his goal was quite quiet.

This aged well
    I bow to your superior knowledge, LA. But when we take out the one cleanly struck goal {which only happened because the cross was deflected} he had 52% pass completion. No end product. Him and Cedric were on completely different wavelengths in the first half.

Basically, if all his performances were like that, would the fanbase have really been having kittens over whether he was offski?

Both times he's played on the right, he's looked no better than AMN or Reiss.

When he's played LB, LW or that old skool no.8 inside left, he's looked about the best prospect of his age in the country.

On the left, he's made goals for and with KT, Gabby and Auba. Yet him and Cedric looked like they weren't even playing the same sport.

{Yes, CS first start etc etc.}

He's better on the left atm. Fact. And the game proved that. 52% pass completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I bow to your superior knowledge, LA. But when we take out the one cleanly struck goal {which only happened because the cross was deflected} he had 52% pass completion. No end product. Him and Cedric were on completely different wavelengths in the first half.

Basically, if all his performances were like that, would the fanbase have really been having kittens over whether he was offski?

Both times he's played on the right, he's looked no better than AMN or Reiss.

When he's played LB, LW or that old skool no.8 inside left, he's looked about the best prospect of his age in the country.

On the left, he's made goals for and with KT, Gabby and Auba. Yet him and Cedric looked like they weren't even playing the same sport.

{Yes, CS first start etc etc.}

He's better on the left atm. Fact. And the game proved that. 52% pass completion.
    He wasn't due to play - I don't think there is long-term plan to play him on the right but Pepe pulling out (nine months too late it would seem). Better to stick Saka there then completely change the line up completely move our best player from his position (nominallly on the left) and leave the new full back with less cover - unless you think Auba does as much work as Saka defensively. Also if you want to bring stats into it - his normal shooting accuracy is 30% on the left 100% on the right - that proves he is more effective on the right then does it? I prefer him on the left though

He wasn't due to play - I don't think there is long-term plan to play him on the right but Pepe pulling out (nine months too late it would seem). Better to stick Saka there then completely change the line up completely move our best player from his position (nominallly on the left) and leave the new full back with less cover - unless you think Auba does as much work as Saka defensively. Also if you want to bring stats into it - his normal shooting accuracy is 30% on the left 100% on the right - that proves he is more effective on the right then does it? I prefer him on the left though
    Just saying he doesn't look all that on the right. {Not surprising, 17, whole life on left blah blah.}

I'd rather have seen AMN there in Pépé's absence. He seems to have drawn the short straw by coming through earlier. If he's now behind Willock for CM, at least give him a shot at 2nd choice RW.

In those two years as FB, his weakness was defending. He got better and better at beating his man and getting a cross in. Give the lad a chance.

Or failing him, Reiss. Take out the goal and had RN played as Saka did, all the AFTV fückwits would be saying get rid.

Yes, he had loads of Wolves players on him much of the time. Yes, him and Cedric looked like they were playing different sports.

I still think AMN and RN could come good. RN's the same age as Gnabry was when we ditched him. And I've always liked Ainsley.

Just saying he doesn't look all that on the right. {Not surprising, 17, whole life on left blah blah.}

I'd rather have seen AMN there in Pépé's absence. He seems to have drawn the short straw by coming through earlier. If he's now behind Willock for CM, at least give him a shot at 2nd choice RW.

In those two years as FB, his weakness was defending. He got better and better at beating his man and getting a cross in. Give the lad a chance.

Or failing him, Reiss. Take out the goal and had RN played as Saka did, all the AFTV fückwits would be saying get rid.

Yes, he had loads of Wolves players on him much of the time. Yes, him and Cedric looked like they were playing different sports.

I still think AMN and RN could come good. RN's the same age as Gnabry was when we ditched him. And I've always liked Ainsley.
    He was actually the difference between the two teams - a fact you seem to keep ignoring

He was actually the difference between the two teams - a fact you seem to keep ignoring
    Bit harsh on Laca. At least the cross from young Joe was a perfectly weighted nutmeg for its intended recipient, instead of a deflection intended for someone else.

Bit harsh on Laca. At least the cross from young Joe was a perfectly weighted nutmeg for its intended recipient, instead of a deflection intended for someone else.
    This place is in grave danger of turning in to an Arsenal forum
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    This place is in grave danger of turning in to an Arsenal forum
    Sorry, bb. Good point.