Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So according to the Telegraph the most recent COVID data shows

So according to the Telegraph the most recent COVID data shows

a steep decline in positive tests since lockdown was eased including a 40% drop in the past week.

But we should ‘follow the science’ despite it now being clear that the scientists hadn’t a f*cking clue and lacked the humility to admit it.

Stupid, spineless, fat, blithering idiot and his grinch faced mong should be horse whipped for what they have done to our economy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    a steep decline in positive tests since lockdown was eased including a 40% drop in the past week.

But we should ‘follow the science’ despite it now being clear that the scientists hadn’t a f*cking clue and lacked the humility to admit it.

Stupid, spineless, fat, blithering idiot and his grinch faced mong should be horse whipped for what they have done to our economy imo.
    So what do you think we should have done?

The lockdown started too late which is why we have some of the worst figures in the western world

And it takes around 7-14 days for the virus to show up, so there is nothing in the data that says we should have eased lockdown earlier
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

That's absolute rubbish. What do you think lockdown achieved, or potentially could achieve?
    An earlier lockdown would put us in the NZ position, where a nation remains at risk until the music is faced. This was never about the science, if it was then the vulnerable would have been shielded, and the healthy would NOT have been quarantined. The only way through any corona virus is herd immunity and all ****wit Hanjob has done is to impede nature and slow it down. Not saved a single life, but cost many, and destroyed the country at the same time. If you look beyond facebook and the BBC/SKY etc and research what the actual experts have to say, it is a totally different story.

You got to love the rhetoric here...

Anti Lockdown / Anti BLM Protest causes Mao Tse Lung...protect the NHS /save lives...you vile right wing fascists

BLM - you’re all immune...carry on but just calm it down on the Jewish stuff

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

There was some interesting research out of the Karolinska Institute showing people had a response to the virus from their T Cells without developing antibodies. They reckon lots of people might have had it without knowing and had a T Cell response to the virus, which also might explain why results from these antibody studies are so low. They tested asymptomatic family members of people who had antibodies and the family members didn’t have any antibodies, but they had a T Cell response indicating they had the virus at some point. The effectiveness of T Cells diminishes the older you get which also might explain why younger people are mostly unaffected.

I reckon the more research that’s done into Covid-19 the more we’ll see it’s mostly harmless (obviously not harmless but similar to the flu).
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 07-02-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So what do you think we should have done?

The lockdown started too late which is why we have some of the worst figures in the western world

And it takes around 7-14 days for the virus to show up, so there is nothing in the data that says we should have eased lockdown earlier
    The real problem with the death toll figures is that they are complete bullshít. If we had confidence in those figures we could at least then come to some conclusions of how well/badly we've done as a country. They even quote UK figures on the telly every day rather than just England. Anything for a bigger number...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    The real problem with the death toll figures is that they are complete bullshít. If we had confidence in those figures we could at least then come to some conclusions of how well/badly we've done as a country. They even quote UK figures on the telly every day rather than just England. Anything for a bigger number...
    I'm not sure we can call out the ONS on the overall number of recorded deaths, b.

Whether they are COVID related or not is debatable, but we can't really argue about excess mortality rates during this period. And in any case, herd immunity IS the answer to shít like this...

www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm not sure we can call out the ONS on the overall number of recorded deaths, b.

Whether they are COVID related or not is debatable, but we can't really argue about excess mortality rates during this period. And in any case, herd immunity IS the answer to shít like this...

www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/
    Even excess death figures are questionable, I'm afraid. There are enormous problems in comparing this data: accuracy of raw data; differences in reporting between using death occurrence data (as most EU countries do) or registration data (as we in the UK do) can mean long lags in reporting; how 'normal' deaths are measured; even differences in how we define the week!
    In fact, one of the few things on which everyone now agrees is that it's imperative that international/national statistical agencies should publish improved measures of excess mortality and standardise on how they do it.
    In short: attempting to judge anything from the numbers as we have them now is a mug's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Even excess death figures are questionable, I'm afraid. There are enormous problems in comparing this data: accuracy of raw data; differences in reporting between using death occurrence data (as most EU countries do) or registration data (as we in the UK do) can mean long lags in reporting; how 'normal' deaths are measured; even differences in how we define the week!
    In fact, one of the few things on which everyone now agrees is that it's imperative that international/national statistical agencies should publish improved measures of excess mortality and standardise on how they do it.
    In short: attempting to judge anything from the numbers as we have them now is a mug's game.
    I would have thought that counting deaths would be quite easy - simply based on whether a human being is either dead or not.

Don't tell me that death is now also non-binary
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I would have thought that counting deaths would be quite easy - simply based on whether a human being is either dead or not.

Don't tell me that death is now also non-binary
    To be clear, I’m not questioning the number of deaths, I’m questioning the idea that the only way to avoid them is by a full lockdown (which the scientists told us we needed) rather than a more intelligent, evidence-based lockdown, and how many deaths we might have ultimately experienced without a full lockdown.

And I’m pointing out that the reason we didn’t explore a different approach is because the scientists couldn’t admit they didn’t know and the Prime Minister lacked the balls to call them on it.

The fat, blithering idiot.