Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm really starting to love Cebaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiios. I know he's just

I'm really starting to love Cebaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiios. I know he's just

a poor man's Santi.

But a poor man's Santi is still better than we've had since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    a poor man's Santi.

But a poor man's Santi is still better than we've had since he left.
    Our best player first half I thought. Love the way the Tierney and Hector are pushing forward and we’re playing balls inside their fullbacks. Something we rarely seemed to do under Wenger for some reason.

I don’t get Willock. With him and Xhaka in midfield we were second best against Southampton. With Ceballos and Xhaka we look miles better.

Bring on Saliba and Partey and I can see a really good young team being built.

Meanwhile, who gives a f*ck about Mesut Ozil

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Our best player first half I thought. Love the way the Tierney and Hector are pushing forward and we’re playing balls inside their fullbacks. Something we rarely seemed to do under Wenger for some reason.

I don’t get Willock. With him and Xhaka in midfield we were second best against Southampton. With Ceballos and Xhaka we look miles better.

Bring on Saliba and Partey and I can see a really good young team being built.

Meanwhile, who gives a f*ck about Mesut Ozil
    Ozzy still does the sexy.

AW used to get the full back to overlap and assist, or get onto the end of crosses. Nacho and Kola scored 11 between them from LB in AW's final season.

Tbh, FBs was one of AW's great strengths.

It's nice to see HB in the box as opposed to tucking into MF. If we'd been playing him as an overlapping fullback, we'd have seen far more from Pépé. If they cut off his left foot, they allow him to tee up Hector for the overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Ozzy still does the sexy.

AW used to get the full back to overlap and assist, or get onto the end of crosses. Nacho and Kola scored 11 between them from LB in AW's final season.

Tbh, FBs was one of AW's great strengths.

It's nice to see HB in the box as opposed to tucking into MF. If we'd been playing him as an overlapping fullback, we'd have seen far more from Pépé. If they cut off his left foot, they allow him to tee up Hector for the overlap.
    Might be time for you and some others on Awimb to accept that Ozil was a mistake. Wenger admitted he should have been firmer with him, Emery stopped playing him and Arteta now seems to be doing the same. How many Arsenal managers have to have an issue with him before we accept he was a mistake?

Wenger pushed his FBs forward but the ball inside the FB (a hallmark of Pep’s teams) was something we rarely did and it’s nice to see it with this 343 formation.

Leno
    Holding Saliba Luiz
    Hector Partey Xhaka Tierney
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

This fills me with anticipation and note there is no Torreira, Laca, Ceballos, Gwendoozi, Martinelli, Mari, Sokratis, AMN and Eddie in there. All good or developing players so we would have plenty of options.

Ozil can f*ck off, and take Willock and Mustafi with him.

Might be time for you and some others on Awimb to accept that Ozil was a mistake. Wenger admitted he should have been firmer with him, Emery stopped playing him and Arteta now seems to be doing the same. How many Arsenal managers have to have an issue with him before we accept he was a mistake?

Wenger pushed his FBs forward but the ball inside the FB (a hallmark of Pep’s teams) was something we rarely did and it’s nice to see it with this 343 formation.

Leno
    Holding Saliba Luiz
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

This fills me with anticipation and note there is no Torreira, Laca, Ceballos, Gwendoozi, Martinelli, Mari, Sokratis, AMN and Eddie in there. All good or developing players so we would have plenty of options.

I like Willock.

But when we had Ozil, Santi and Alexis we ripped ManUtd a new one in 23 mins.

Ozil needs world class players around him.

No, Cole used to do that/make that run/receive that pass all the time.

Leno
    Holding Saliba Luiz
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, Cole used to do that/make that run/receive that pass all the time.
    He left the club 14 years ago, red. Not sure I’ve seen much of it since.

That's right. Find us full-backs as good as him and we'll start doing it again

He left the club 14 years ago, red. Not sure I’ve seen much of it since.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."