Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Embarrassing in every way

Embarrassing in every way

Surely alarm bells should have rung about Arteta - he epitomised the lightweight football which we witnessed in the last decayed (sic) of Wenger. I'm only surprised we haven't brought Feo Walcott in as his assistant.

Gendouzi and the rest were embarrassing at the end. At least when Keown and co went for RVN back in the day they had a just cause and couldn't be accused of sour grapes (the bloke had missed a penalty, not scored a last-minute winner). As someone brought up on a diet of Bobby Gould routinely barging keepers (and once getting laid out sparko by Gary Sprake in return), along with Jack Charlton and others, that challenge on Leno was nothing noteworthy. One of those things.

Bunch of pussies, the lot of them.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 06-20-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Surely alarm bells should have rung about Arteta - he epitomised the lightweight football which we witnessed in the last decayed (sic) of Wenger. I'm only surprised we haven't brought Feo Walcott in as his assistant.

Gendouzi and the rest were embarrassing at the end. At least when Keown and co went for RVN back in the day they had a just cause and couldn't be accused of sour grapes (the bloke had missed a penalty, not scored a last-minute winner). As someone brought up on a diet of Bobby Gould routinely barging keepers (and once getting laid out sparko by Gary Sprake in return), along with Jack Charlton and others, that challenge on Leno was nothing noteworthy. One of those things.

Bunch of pussies, the lot of them.
    Well. I would suggest the lack of anyone getting in Maupay's face as soon as he had 'bumped' into Leno and obviously injured him shows what a bunch of spineless pansies we have playing for us. Even Kolasinac couldn't be arsed.

Auba appears to have given up too...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”