Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Now to be honest, there was never much chance of me watching that absurd kickabout

Now to be honest, there was never much chance of me watching that absurd kickabout

masquerading as a football match last night, but I did take a peek at one point just to see what it was like and even I was shocked at how shít it was. Not our performance - I didn't watch long enough for that - but the whole thing. Sterile, weird and...pointless.
    If you'd asked me beforehand, I'd have probably said that the crowd weren't as big a factor in the enjoyment of the game as people like to make out, but I was wrong. Football without crowds just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    masquerading as a football match last night, but I did take a peek at one point just to see what it was like and even I was shocked at how shít it was. Not our performance - I didn't watch long enough for that - but the whole thing. Sterile, weird and...pointless.
    If you'd asked me beforehand, I'd have probably said that the crowd weren't as big a factor in the enjoyment of the game as people like to make out, but I was wrong. Football without crowds just doesn't work.
    Some of the streams I was watching had fake crowd noises added.

The media w@nkfest trumpeting its return seems more than a bit premature. I couldn't be less interested in football at this point in time and have missed it like a third buttock, but that's probably attributed to the fact we're utterly shyte. #plastic

The only sport that’s working is the racing.

Because most people watch on a tele anyways...even at the track you’re watching a big screen most of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Because most people watch on a tele anyways...even at the track you’re watching a big screen most of time.
    Which makes you wonder why they bothered canceling the snooker.

I switched off when they knelt down.

I’m wondering whether there might be a serious decline in season ticket renewals. I’m thinking about not bothering with both of mine

Ah, I take it you missed Ederson's rather spectacular piece of amateur dentistry on Garcia?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ah, I take it you missed Ederson's rather spectacular piece of amateur dentistry on Garcia?
    I've no idea who either of those people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

I think the F1 will be ok, that's all I'm looking forward to really. Annoyingly I have to keep my sports package just for that, football can go fúck itself.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'