Aged 66, didn't quite reach frame ball
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Aged 66, didn't quite reach frame ball
    Was he the fat lad who drank about 30 pints of lager a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Was he the fat lad who drank about 30 pints of lager a day?
    No, I would say Bill Werbeniuk is your man there.

No, I would say Bill Werbeniuk is your man there.
    I assume he's also gone.

The day England played Switzerland at Wembley to open Euro 96, I was in the coach station at Hounslow trying to get a coach to Bromley, when I found Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins, drunk and insensible, wearing full black tie and slumped on a waiting room bench.

Only 19k on his Go Fund Me

But that ol’ geezer got 20 million for faffing about in his back yard

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I assume he's also gone.

The day England played Switzerland at Wembley to open Euro 96, I was in the coach station at Hounslow trying to get a coach to Bromley, when I found Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins, drunk and insensible, wearing full black tie and slumped on a waiting room bench.
    Hehe brilliant. Yeah Bill is long gone, this is fantastic from Wiki;

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.

What an absolute fúcking legend

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.

"Werbeniuk died of heart failure on 20 January 2003, six days after his 56th birthday"

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Famously needed six pints just to steady his hand. Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Famously needed six pints just to steady his hand. Quality.
    And how many people have a line like: 'Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include' on their Wiki page Forgetting the fact that not everyone is called Werbeniuk of course.

And how many people have a line like: 'Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include' on their Wiki page Forgetting the fact that not everyone is called Werbeniuk of course.
    Puts us to shame, b