Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: D-Day today and barely a mention of it over here

D-Day today and barely a mention of it over here

it never ceases to amaze me how quickly people forget. Not even 20yrs ago police and first responders were being applauded and treated like heroes , today they are being openly attacked in the streets . Funny old world . I am now officially a fuddy duddy i guess. I blame Zuckerberg , Twitter , Wes , bueno and Wenger for all this...
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Sad seens...

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    it never ceases to amaze me how quickly people forget. Not even 20yrs ago police and first responders were being applauded and treated like heroes , today they are being openly attacked in the streets . Funny old world . I am now officially a fuddy duddy i guess. I blame Zuckerberg , Twitter , Wes , bueno and Wenger for all this...
    I watched ‘The Longest Day’ with my dad earlier. Bit of a tribute to grandad who served in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Wot did I do wrong you sob? I'm gonna stick my long neck out here and say lockdown and social distancing is the worst thing that's happened to England since Hitler. Actually it's worse, at least you knew where you were with my man H.

PS. to the genuine heros of WWII
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'