Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really don't have any time for this 'taking a knee' shít.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    So no institutions then. Good as that would have been very surprising and disappointing to find that our institutions were cheering lawlessness.

Individuals I’m not so bothered about, not everyone can be sane. Donald Trump, as an example.
    No institutions other than the media, the police and the political establishment, no.

Here's the Mayor of London at lunchtime yesterday:

"The death of George Floyd has rightly ignited fury and anguish not just in the USA but around the world. No country, city, police force or institution can be complacent about racism and the impact this has."

A few hours later and guess what? The pack of feral hoodrats he has encouraged to come into the heart of his city with their righteously ignited 'fury' interpret this as a free opportunity to have a go at the police because racism.

Only then does he say it's unacceptable to attack the police.

He set the police up as targets, encouraged the mob to have a go at them and then walked away.

You can't incite that sort of shít and then tut tut at its outcomes. It's like w@nking someone off and then complaining that your hand's covered in spunk.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Trump has probably never used the word ‘nuanced’ in his life.

And while I agree that the current trend towards labels and silos in any debate is dull, it is also potentially very dangerous. Especially when the president of the US of A seems incapable of any other type of thought.
    I agree, it's very dangerous and stupid. Amazing how people on both sides can't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No institutions other than the media, the police and the political establishment, no.

Here's the Mayor of London at lunchtime yesterday:

"The death of George Floyd has rightly ignited fury and anguish not just in the USA but around the world. No country, city, police force or institution can be complacent about racism and the impact this has."

A few hours later and guess what? The pack of feral hoodrats he has encouraged to come into the heart of his city with their righteously ignited 'fury' interpret this as a free opportunity to have a go at the police because racism.

Only then does he say it's unacceptable to attack the police.

He set the police up as targets, encouraged the mob to have a go at them and then walked away.

You can't incite that sort of shít and then tut tut at its outcomes. It's like w@nking someone off and then complaining that your hand's covered in spunk.

Sounds like an incredibly reasonable statement. I doubt anybody at yesterday's gatherings even heard Khan's words, let alone acted on them.

Hopefully the scum attacking the police will be dealt with properly. He's made the right statement in that respect, hopefully action will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post

Sounds like an incredibly reasonable statement. I doubt anybody at yesterday's gatherings even heard Khan's words, let alone acted on them.

Hopefully the scum attacking the police will be dealt with properly. He's made the right statement in that respect, hopefully action will follow.
    On the day he'd allowed the gathering of thousands (during a pandemic and against social distancing measures, but hey-ho), he talks about igniting fury? When he could at least have demanded a peaceful response? You don't see that as in any way inflammatory, no?
    Not only is that statement encouraging a gathering that is completely unacceptable in the current situation, it's also validating not just anger but 'fury'. And, not only does it not bother to make the point that the Met has absolutely no culpability, but in fact it goes out of its way to tar them with the same brush!

'Incredibly reasonable'? Bóllocks. Inflammatory and irresponsible rhetoric from a man who is actually charged with the welfare of the city in which he's just helped to foment rioting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Berni in moaning old git shocker..... things are getting back to normal
    If Berni is old then **** knows what that makes me. Ancient maybe
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Indeed. Take a pint, a pie and a picked egg would be far more inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    For one thing it rather discriminates against those with bad knees
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Apart from anything else, didn't this whole problem start because a white guy decided kneeling would be a good idea?
    I've sussed it B, America's grand plan. White cozzer kills black bloke in broad daylight in front of cameras. Protests (riots) begin mainly from the BAME community. All ignoring social distancing and we know the virus has got it in for the brothers so we're looking at possibly hundreds of thousands of dead negros. USA depopulation in full effect y'all. It's genius really. Tragic but genius from the honkies.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Indeed. Take a pint, a pie and a picked egg would be far more inclusive.
    I do like a pickled egg, from time to time.

I'm going to get a jar on the way home...
    Last edited by IUFG; 06-05-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Served, proper Christian-fashion, in a bag of salted crisps? Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I do like a pickled egg, from time to time.

I'm going to get a jar on the way home...
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."