Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really don't have any time for this 'taking a knee' shít.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Civilisations fall to the barbarians because they lose the will and belief in themselves not to. It really is true.

A healthy, non-decadent society that believed in itself would be shooting these people. Instead, we have most of our institutions cheering them on. It's totally f@cked.
    A healthy, non-decadent society would shoot people for non-violent protest against what they view as an immoral act?

Whereas an unhealthy, decadent society would listen to them and then try and address any valid concerns they raised?

Interesting. By which I mean insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    A healthy, non-decadent society would shoot people for non-violent protest against what they view as an immoral act?

Whereas an unhealthy, decadent society would listen to them and then try and address any valid concerns they raised?

Taking anything Berni says with anything more than a grain of salt is insane

Remember when discussion was nuanced? Now it seems you're either a Nazi or a Marxist. Huge

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Taking anything Berni says with anything more than a grain of salt is insane

Remember when discussion was nuanced? Now it seems you're either a Nazi or a Marxist. Huge
    Trump has probably never used the word ‘nuanced’ in his life.

And while I agree that the current trend towards labels and silos in any debate is dull, it is also potentially very dangerous. Especially when the president of the US of A seems incapable of any other type of thought.

Who's talking about 'non-violent protest'? I'm talking about feral scum rioting and looting. The non-violent protest ship sailed some time ago.

Oh, and what 'legitimate concerns' do young British people have about the behaviour of the Minneapolis Police Department, exactly? And how exactly does attacking members of the Met help address them?

Who's talking about 'non-violent protest'? I'm talking about feral scum rioting and looting. The non-violent protest ship sailed some time ago.

Oh, and what 'legitimate concerns' do young British people have about the behaviour of the Minneapolis Police Department, exactly? And how exactly does attacking members of the Met help address them?
    As you said that most of our institutions were cheering them on, I assumed you were talking about non-violent protesters.

Which of our institutions are cheering on the rioters and looters, exactly? Can you show us some examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    For one thing it rather discriminates against those with bad knees
    Yes. Not the most inclusive of protesting symbols for those with limited mobility.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

As you said that most of our institutions were cheering them on, I assumed you were talking about non-violent protesters.

Which of our institutions are cheering on the rioters and looters, exactly? Can you show us some examples?
    You can do the googling yourself, but there are the pictures of policemen kneeling before the same people who attacked them minutes later. There are endless media and political figures applauding exactly the same people who then - inevitably - went on to riot.

You can't separate the 'good' protest from the 'bad' riot because it's exactly the same people and it was always going to end the same way. If you encouraged this nonsense in any form, you encouraged its outcome. You don't get to cheer it all the way until the first brick is inevitably thrown and then wash your hands of it. You are culpable. You can't just abdicate moral responsibility for your actions like that.

Apart from anything else, didn't this whole problem start because a white guy decided kneeling would be a good idea?
    We had a female police officer “bend the knee” yesterday in front of the protesters, holding a “white silence is violence” banner whilst doing it. She then got up and started hugging a load of them and burst in to tears. Catching Covid-19 is too good for some of this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    We had a female police officer “bend the knee” yesterday in front of the protesters, holding a “white silence is violence” banner whilst doing it. She then got up and started hugging a load of them and burst in to tears. Catching Covid-19 is too good for some of this lot.
    These idiots think that grovelling will make their enemies hate them less. It doesn't. It just makes them despise and hate you.

You can do the googling yourself, but there are the pictures of policemen kneeling before the same people who attacked them minutes later. There are endless media and political figures applauding exactly the same people who then - inevitably - went on to riot.

You can't separate the 'good' protest from the 'bad' riot because it's exactly the same people and it was always going to end the same way. If you encouraged this nonsense in any form, you encouraged its outcome. You don't get to cheer it all the way until the first brick is inevitably thrown and then wash your hands of it. You are culpable. You can't just abdicate moral responsibility for your actions like that.
    So no institutions then. Good as that would have been very surprising and disappointing to find that our institutions were cheering lawlessness.

Individuals I’m not so bothered about, not everyone can be sane. Donald Trump, as an example.