Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America: Want to know what's wrong with your country? Consider the fact that you

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If the police misconduct occurs disproportionately against blacks it becomes a racial issue.

Although it was his attempt to apportion some of the blame to George Floyd that I found really offensive. As I said, he’s a moron.

Is he a septic?
    Personally I find it absolutely shocking that the biggest killer of young black males in the US is the police!

Wait. Hold on. No it isn't. It's other young black males.

Wouldn't it make more sense to demonstrate against, you know, young black males?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Personally I find it absolutely shocking that the biggest killer of young black males in the US is the police!

Wait. Hold on. No it isn't. It's other young black males.

Wouldn't it make more sense to demonstrate against, you know, young black males?
    A situation, of course, which is perpetuated by the persistent demonisation of the police, which makes it harder to police black communities because there is less co-operation from the populace. So you get lawlessness and a sense of lack of consequences, which makes murder much, much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    ‘This wasn’t a race issue’

I’m afraid the only logical conclusion here is that you are a moron. My commiserations.
    You did actually watch the arrest didn't you? There was NOTHING racially motivated in it whatsoever. The officers involved are from different ethnic backgrounds. It was not a race issue, it was an over aggressive, somewhat bungled arrest of a criminal.
    You are the ****ing moron, moron. The only racist people at play here seem to be the black thugs doing what the **** they like and blaming the whites. The same whites that ended the slave trade, the one that had blacks selling blacks...

Moron.
    Last edited by dismalswamp; 06-04-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    You did actually watch the arrest didn't you? There was NOTHING racially motivated in it whatsoever. The officers involved are from different ethnic backgrounds. It was not a race issue, it was an over aggressive, somewhat bungled arrest of a criminal.
    You are the ****ing moron, moron. The only racist people at play here seem to be the black thugs doing what the **** they like and blaming the whites. The same whites that ended the slave trade, the one that had blacks selling blacks...

Moron.
    Fúck. Ing. Hell.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm fairness, it does occur disproportionately to me. The one and only time I ever fronted up to a policeman, I promptly married her

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But it doesn't occur 'disproportionately' to black people. It occurs in pretty much exactly the proportions you'd expect it to occur relative to the size of populations and their relative likelihood to commit violent crime.
    Do young black men have reason to be wary of cops in the US? Yes.
    Do cops have just as much (if not more) reason to be wary of young black men in the US. Abso-f@cking-lutely. They are much more likely to be killed by a young black male, so guess what? They tend to treat young black males with much more suspicion and more robustly. As a result, young black men harbour ever more anger and resentment towards the police and behave in ways much more likely to bring them to the attention of the police. And so it goes on...

This is a vicious cycle that is only going to be made worse by treating it as a racial issue.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."