Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look, I just want to pop to the seaside, sit at a nice seafood restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A peregrine? Whereabouts?

I recently got a pair of binos and have taken to birdspotting on my long country walks. Lapwings, Sandpipers, Little Egrets - along with hundreds of the kites and buzzards that are so common now. Loving it. Although I think my favourite is when I spy hares doing their hare thing. It's quite good, nature.
    A pair of peregrines nest at Sidcup. Have done for a few years now. One of them has been hunting parakeets in our field. We’ve had 58 bird species from the kitchen window so far this year.

I wish we had hares. I’d love hares.

Nature is the tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How could I not? The poor babies would be lonely. Who would give them their first feed at 5, hay at 9, brushy-brushy and hay at midday, hay and ponyfun at 5, evening carrot or apple at 9?
    I can do all that for a bag a week C. Although I only ever get up at 5 for a piss and I'd prob still be in bed at 9 too. Midday bit no worries but I'd be drinking at 5 so no ponyfun and I'd prob be passed out at 9. As you can see I'm ya man!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I can do all that for a bag a week C. Although I only ever get up at 5 for a piss and I'd prob still be in bed at 9 too. Midday bit no worries but I'd be drinking at 5 so no ponyfun and I'd prob be passed out at 9. As you can see I'm ya man!
    The job’s yours b. That’s a mighty fine interview.

and enjoy a simple lunch. Let's start with a bottle of Nyetimber and a dozen natives, discreetly drawing a veil across the fact that it's June. To follow, a nice Gavi di Gavi to accompany a simply grilled cold lobster with mayonnaise. Perhaps a few cheeky skinny fries on the side. Now that our bouche is nicely amused, let's move on to the main event: a large Dover sole, meuniere naturally, served on the bone with some Jersey Royals and a side of samphire. To remain hydrated we'll take something red, light and slightly chilled. A little pinot noir, perhaps? The sommelier can decide.

Because I believe in moderation in all matters I shall eschew dessert in favour of a selection of cheeses and a good crusty bottle of port.

See? I don't ask for much. Just a few simple pleasures.
    Get yourself to Whitstable - all of the seafood shacks around the harbour and seafront have reopened.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Get yourself to Whitstable - all of the seafood shacks around the harbour and seafront have reopened.
    Have they, by jiminy? This needs investigation.

They're not his horses b. He stole them from honest travelling folk. Somewhere in a

Why do you have to take your horses on holiday with you?
    beautiful, vibrantly coloured caravan in Rathkeale town, a heartbroken little gypsy girl is still asking her mother "whatever happened to Popsicle and Barney Mammy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    beautiful, vibrantly coloured caravan in Rathkeale town, a heartbroken little gypsy girl is still asking her mother "whatever happened to Popsicle and Barney Mammy?"
    Talking of our Romany chums, I see Tyson Fury has been sticking his oar into the debate by talking about his experience of racism as a dirty gyppo. This has caused many black people to be up in arms claiming that he knows nothing of prejudice because he's white.
    I find this most amusing, since the lookey-likeys are about the only race it's still possible to openly despise in this country - and with good reason, due to them being thieving, lawless, scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Betty and Barney, h.

Talking of our Romany chums, I see Tyson Fury has been sticking his oar into the debate by talking about his experience of racism as a dirty gyppo. This has caused many black people to be up in arms claiming that he knows nothing of prejudice because he's white.
    I find this most amusing, since the lookey-likeys are about the only race it's still possible to openly despise in this country - and with good reason, due to them being thieving, lawless, scum.
    He knows nothing of racism for the same reason Maro Itoje says he doesn't. Because yer Nick Griffin types may tell their mates in the pub that they're hard, but won't say boo to a 6'8" of prime, pro athlete goose in real life.

No-one in their right mind ever racially abuses the world heavyweight champ.

The job’s yours b. That’s a mighty fine interview.
    Great news Sir. Gosh I was so nervous! We're talking cash right? Can keep my Boris money rolling in then, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'