Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look, I just want to pop to the seaside, sit at a nice seafood restaurant

Look, I just want to pop to the seaside, sit at a nice seafood restaurant

and enjoy a simple lunch. Let's start with a bottle of Nyetimber and a dozen natives, discreetly drawing a veil across the fact that it's June. To follow, a nice Gavi di Gavi to accompany a simply grilled cold lobster with mayonnaise. Perhaps a few cheeky skinny fries on the side. Now that our bouche is nicely amused, let's move on to the main event: a large Dover sole, meuniere naturally, served on the bone with some Jersey Royals and a side of samphire. To remain hydrated we'll take something red, light and slightly chilled. A little pinot noir, perhaps? The sommelier can decide.

Because I believe in moderation in all matters I shall eschew dessert in favour of a selection of cheeses and a good crusty bottle of port.

See? I don't ask for much. Just a few simple pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    and enjoy a simple lunch. Let's start with a bottle of Nyetimber and a dozen natives, discreetly drawing a veil across the fact that it's June. To follow, a nice Gavi di Gavi to accompany a simply grilled cold lobster with mayonnaise. Perhaps a few cheeky skinny fries on the side. Now that our bouche is nicely amused, let's move on to the main event: a large Dover sole, meuniere naturally, served on the bone with some Jersey Royals and a side of samphire. To remain hydrated we'll take something red, light and slightly chilled. A little pinot noir, perhaps? The sommelier can decide.

Because I believe in moderation in all matters I shall eschew dessert in favour of a selection of cheeses and a good crusty bottle of port.

See? I don't ask for much. Just a few simple pleasures.
    You'll have to sit in a plastic greenhouse so you can't infect other diners.

Actually, I rather like that idea. I'd happily have gone for that before all this - just so as not to have to listen to other people's conversations as much as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You'll have to sit in a plastic greenhouse so you can't infect other diners.

Actually, I rather like that idea. I'd happily have gone for that before all this - just so as not to have to listen to other people's conversations as much as anything.
    I'm making plans for going away on holiday. What do you think of this bad boy? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nugent-Sp....c100005.m1851

I'm making plans for going away on holiday. What do you think of this bad boy? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nugent-Sp....c100005.m1851
    Why do you have to take your horses on holiday with you?

Why do you have to take your horses on holiday with you?
    How could I not? The poor babies would be lonely. Who would give them their first feed at 5, hay at 9, brushy-brushy and hay at midday, hay and ponyfun at 5, evening carrot or apple at 9?

How could I not? The poor babies would be lonely. Who would give them their first feed at 5, hay at 9, brushy-brushy and hay at midday, hay and ponyfun at 5, evening carrot or apple at 9?
    'Ponyfun'?

'Ponyfun'?
    Oh yes, it's fun to have fun with ponies! You can do pole obstacle courses, long-reining, taking them for a walk up the hill to the park or just a garden visit to munch on some lush grass.

Don't you like ponyfun?

Oh yes, it's fun to have fun with ponies! You can do pole obstacle courses, long-reining, taking them for a walk up the hill to the park or just a garden visit to munch on some lush grass.

Don't you like ponyfun?
    Aren't your cats jealous of all the love you're showing the ponies?

Aren't your cats jealous of all the love you're showing the ponies?
    The cats seem to love them. When they come in the garden Bertie rolls around in front of them as if to encourage them to play.

Of course it's not just cats and ponies. We're supporting 3 fox families, about a thousand rabbits, numerous birds including buzzards, kestrels and a peregrine, a pair of deer and, most recently and most exciting of all, a badger has appeared!

I am Dr Doolitlle.

The cats seem to love them. When they come in the garden Bertie rolls around in front of them as if to encourage them to play.

Of course it's not just cats and ponies. We're supporting 3 fox families, about a thousand rabbits, numerous birds including buzzards, kestrels and a peregrine, a pair of deer and, most recently and most exciting of all, a badger has appeared!

I am Dr Doolitlle.
    A peregrine? Whereabouts?

I recently got a pair of binos and have taken to birdspotting on my long country walks. Lapwings, Sandpipers, Little Egrets - along with hundreds of the kites and buzzards that are so common now. Loving it. Although I think my favourite is when I spy hares doing their hare thing. It's quite good, nature.