Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These scenes from the States remind me of the London riots.

These scenes from the States remind me of the London riots.

It would seem that something connects aggrieved people across the world: their pain can only be eased by obtaining new athletic shoes.

Perhaps going for a run makes them feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It would seem that something connects aggrieved people across the world: their pain can only be eased by obtaining new athletic shoes.

What it tells me is that the whole unfortunate Russian Revolution business could have been avoided if only St Petersburg had had a branch of FootLocker back then.

Makes you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What it tells me is that the whole unfortunate Russian Revolution business could have been avoided if only St Petersburg had had a branch of FootLocker back then.

Makes you think.
    To think, the Romanovs could have retained their empire (and, indeed, lives) by handing out free Nike Air Max; so the Russians wouldn't have stopped fighting the Germans, Hitler would have died, no world war 2, no cold war and no space race. And you know what that means.

Yes, we might have ended up without velcro.

To think, the Romanovs could have retained their empire (and, indeed, lives) by handing out free Nike Air Max; so the Russians wouldn't have stopped fighting the Germans, Hitler would have died, no world war 2, no cold war and no space race. And you know what that means.

Yes, we might have ended up without velcro.
    Sadly, the importance of quality footwear in the pivotal moments of history is often overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sadly, the importance of quality footwear in the pivotal moments of history is often overlooked.
    Though they don't call many cemeteries Boot Hill for nothing

well, that and setting fire to things, sc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Family man George Floyd

EZf4wM1XsAAOaA0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    Family man George Floyd

EZf4wM1XsAAOaA0.jpg
    tbf, the latest entry on that sheet is 13 years old.

And, in any case, it in no way, justifies what happened to him. If that's your point.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    tbf, the latest entry on that sheet is 13 years old.

And, in any case, it in no way, justifies what happened to him. If that's your point.
    Quite so. But as ever in these things, he's long since ceased to be relevant to any of this. This is now just America having one of its regular racial spaz-attacks. The only thing that's unusual this time is that it's being cheered on by the media, big business, celebs and quite a lot of politicians.

https://twitter.com/adriannormandc/s...055387136?s=21

NY all washed up...cops getting mowed down.

-

It’s quite amusing to see the progressives cheer this on but when their own business and homes gets targeted it’s completely different.