Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raan, again

Raan, again

Today's Raan is being done bone in and roasted in the oven. Additional ingredients include methi, honey and pistachio. We will see how it compares with the tandoori one. Both kids are working so hopefully there will be enough left for tomorrow's biriyani.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Today's Raan is being done bone in and roasted in the oven. Additional ingredients include methi, honey and pistachio. We will see how it compares with the tandoori one. Both kids are working so hopefully there will be enough left for tomorrow's biriyani.
    how was it, TI?

We had indian delivered from a restaurant on Saturday. I chose garlic chilli chicken. It was excellent.

Apparently I still stink of garlic today
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    how was it, TI?

We had indian delivered from a restaurant on Saturday. I chose garlic chilli chicken. It was excellent.

Apparently I still stink of garlic today
    I am with child for news of this raan!

I've been having such barbecue fun! Cote de boeuf, pork butt, brisket, lamb breast with vinegar sauce, piri piri chicken, it's been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am with child for news of this raan!

I've been having such barbecue fun! Cote de boeuf, pork butt, brisket, lamb breast with vinegar sauce, piri piri chicken, it's been a blast.
    Pork butt :snigger: After a gap of seven years my supermarket started selling HP Sauce again. I had a fish finger sandwich to celebrate - it was ace

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Pork butt :snigger: After a gap of seven years my supermarket started selling HP Sauce again. I had a fish finger sandwich to celebrate - it was ace
    oooh, a fish finger sandwich in crusty white with ketchup or brown or tartare sauce

that's dinner sorted tonight.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    oooh, a fish finger sandwich in crusty white with ketchup or brown or tartare sauce

that's dinner sorted tonight.
    Good man, i. Missed out on the crusty bloomer - bread of champions

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not happy with HP on a fish fingers banjo la, but, under current conditions, I’ll allow it.

Please consider tartare next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not happy with HP on a fish fingers banjo la, but, under current conditions, I’ll allow it.

Please consider tartare next time.
    Obviously not ideal - they don't seem to do tartare sauce here either, even in good times. In some ways they are Philistines. However, the sun is out, the Biergartens are open again, so quite frankly, all is well. Or at least betterer

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    You really should try my mate's Aloo Jeera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5EAkkttDs

And in his latest video, he shows you how to make paneer from milk.

You've got a tandoor, so you could make paneer tika if a veggie came round. Though obv. cook some chicken tika at the same time so the poor veggie gets a bit of flesh smoke mingled in with the tika spices.

It would be silly to waste those lovely meat fumes when they could be put to good use.

Chicken tika (or chicken Afghani) and aloo jeera, with a buttered tandoori roti, is something I eat quite regularly out in India. Washed down with a couple of Kingfisher Strongs.

Told the glw about your tandoor and we've found a video online showing how you build one. She might be up for it, cos she makes a lush dal but we really want the tandoori rotis to go with it, instead of homemade chapatis or supermarket/takeaway naans.

I was very nice indeed. Served it thinly sliced (I have a butchers circular meat slicer) at room temp with the remaining marinade hearotited up and poured over it. Plain rice and roti. not enough left fior biriyani, but had it in a plain flat bread with spinach for supper last night.

Next week is the same bone in version, but cooked in the tandoor.