Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So I go on Twitter and see that 'Patrick O'Brien' is trending.

So I go on Twitter and see that 'Patrick O'Brien' is trending.

I think excitedly 'Why would the master of naval fiction be trending and why have they misspelt his name?'

Silly me. It turns out it's just someone who's called Ian Wright a 'Cųnt coon monkey ni99er'. Disappointing.

Arsenal supporter, I suppose?

Poor old Wrighty. You'd have thought he'd be used to all that sort of thing by this time, wouldn't you. Never took him for the sensitive sort anyway.

Just goes to show, you never can tell. As you say, disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think excitedly 'Why would the master of naval fiction be trending and why have they misspelt his name?'

Silly me. It turns out it's just someone who's called Ian Wright a 'Cųnt coon monkey ni99er'. Disappointing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Poor old Wrighty. You'd have thought he'd be used to all that sort of thing by this time, wouldn't you. Never took him for the sensitive sort anyway.

Just goes to show, you never can tell. As you say, disappointing
    United, by the sound of things.

Still, poor form even for them.

Hmm.. yes. Footballistically-speaking, he never did have much luck there, did he. Still, chap needs to man up.

Constantly hanging around with urban media-types can't help, I suppose; the money's probably good but they all love their racism far too much.

SmartSelect_20200516-134004_Instagram.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    United, by the sound of things.

Still, poor form even for them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."