Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: So....What have we learned from all this?

  1. #11
    Meunier's paper on the lockdown effectiveness:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20078717v1

    John Ioannidis (Stanford Universtiy) study on realistic mortality figures:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPqmLoZA4s

    Excellent article showing the prediction model vs reality when applied to the Swedish reaction. This is absolutely shocking:
    https://lockdownsceptics.org/2020/05/02/

    Streecks study:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrL9QKGQrWk

    Quick summary on Ferguson's crimes, if you are unfamiliar
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ons-dodgy.html

    PCR antibody study findings:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qSc/edit#gid=0

    Danish antibody findings:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20075291v1

    Iran:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.20079244v1

    Japan:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.20079822v2

    Germany:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....17.20061440v1

    Breakdown of IC model, used to influence the UK government:
    https://lockdownsceptics.org/how-con...ovid-19-model/

    Code review of IC model:
    https://lockdownsceptics.org/code-re...rgusons-model/
    2nd analysis:
    https://lockdownsceptics.org/second-...rgusons-model/


    Wittkoski's study:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....28.20036715v5

    and updated interview, a very good explanation of everything here. He also links to data in the interview, which you can go check out for yourself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Q4naYOYDw

    The whole series is worth watching, if you are genuinely interested.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    From the Stanford and other studies, true lethality rate is around 0.02%. No more severe than any seasonal flu.

    The peak in the UK was around the 8th of April, should any lockdown methods have made any difference whatsoever, it was too late. (hint they would not have)

    The slowing of infection was a flawed strategy, all it achieved was slowing the time taken to reach the immunity wall, therefore putting the vulnerable at risk for an extended period of time. Stay home, save lives in reality, was actually, stay home, cost lives. At no point was the NHS ever overwhelmed.

    Social distancing removes ones ability to fight any alien pathogens, as to put in layman's terms the human body's good bugs, day in day out, are spoiling for a fight. Removal of the normal presence of alien-invaders for an extended period of time lessens these defenses, leaving one more prone to ANY viral infection.

    Hand-sanitizer, whilst yes does remove the virus, when used excessively for no good reason, also strips the bodies natural good-guys away, similarly leaving one more prone to infection.

    Face-masks are completely useless as virus is not airborne and if sneezed or coughed on, can get in through the eyes anyway.

    The virus has no effect on children, leaving schools open would have created the immunity wall and protected the nation. Children also rarely infect adults. From the UK's numbers, only 7 under 10s have tragically died from from this, and 5 of those had known underlying conditions.

    In the UK so far, deaths from under 45s is less than 350 in total.

    The flu-vaccine, in addition to being useless for anyone who does not own a time machine, would make one 36% more likely to be infected with the corona-virus. As the virus is scientifically 'done' now, there is no need to harp on about developing a virus, there is absolutely no point.

    To summarize, every single piece of government advice was counter-productive or just plain wrong. This is before we pull part the IC's joke predictions and flawed computer models, and without going down any conspiracy rabbit holes regarding Professor Lockdown-Pantsdown and his left-wing climate change, anti fossil fuel bint.

    Securing the vulnerable and Keep Calm Carry On would have meant we were free to enjoy bank-holiday VE day, rather than operating under wartime conditions. Take Sweden as a case in point.

    What has this cost? How many lives have been lost due to this junk science? Who is going to be held accountable?
    Will this once great nation wake up from its brainwashed, terrified slumber and stop propagating and regurgitating mistruths they are spoon fed on social media and start asking questions, rather than accepting what they are told?

    Science is the ENDLESS pursuit for the truth. Science is never settled.

    dismal out
    I’ve learned that cyclists are absolutely out of control. Pedestrians think they can walk down the middle of the road, and there is a woman with a magnificent arse who runs past my house every day.

  3. #13
    I fear a village is missing its idiot

    Every single scientific study you link to hasnít been peer reviewed (as you may note I specified peer reviewed studies) so until peer reviewed these remain the thoughts and views of individual scientists

    You then link to articles written by a group called ďlockdown scepticsĒ. Hardly impartial commentators. I would liken them to quoting Nigel farage in support of a brexit argument. Pathetic

    To top it all off you link to a daily mail article which needs no further commentary but aptly demonstrates your lack of intelligence as far as producing credible evidence in support of your argument goes

    Well done

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    I fear a village is missing its idiot

    Every single scientific study you link to hasn’t been peer reviewed (as you may note I specified peer reviewed studies) so until peer reviewed these remain the thoughts and views of individual scientists

    You then link to articles written by a group called “lockdown sceptics”. Hardly impartial commentators. I would liken them to quoting Nigel farage in support of a brexit argument. Pathetic

    To top it all off you link to a daily mail article which needs no further commentary but aptly demonstrates your lack of intelligence as far as producing credible evidence in support of your argument goes

    Well done
    I do understand what peer review means. All of these studies are new, so I would expect it to take time for them to be peer reviewed and challenged, rather than just accepted. This is science.

    Can you please post the studies and science behind your viewpoints for me to consider?

    Lockdown sceptics are certainly not impartial, although they do post many pro-lockdown arguments and differing viewpoints rather than censor or dismiss opposing voices.

    Using links on that site is an easy and convenient way to link to a series of articles that question the science behind the current situation. The articles are not authored by the site, though wherever they are posted does not alter nor belittle the content.

    When linking to the Mail article, I even stated it was an easy and quick summary of the Ferguson story - I could have linked you to this in many different publications, or even the original findings, and the Oxford Study, if you would prefer to wade through pages. I could not have made it clearer with my description on this, for a quick and easy catch-up. You are free to do your own research.

    You can read more here: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global...atality-rates/ and you can read about Oxford questioning the IC findings, and how the IC backed down from their original estimates, the estimates that instigated the lockdown measures.

    Now I have laid out everything that I said I would, backed up my findings and asked you to detail and provide evidence to backup your stand point. You have failed to do so, and indeed have resulted to personal abuse, and called me an idiot, as clearly you have no argument. I do feel this makes you look a little foolish, but I do not wish to retaliate in personal abuse.

    For one last time I will ask for some kind of evidence, scientific papers, anything 'real' from your side to counter my post or discredit the studies that have been linked above. Have you even read any of them?
    Last edited by dismalswamp; 05-09-2020 at 09:43 PM.

  5. #15
    Iím disappointed you didnít post more daily mail or lockdownsceptics links

    The fact is no one knows if the lockdown is making a difference or not. Much like the nightingale hospital I would rather we err on the side of caution rather than chance it and end up with even more dead. I suspect most people think the same

    Iím sorry you daily life has been disrupted. Iím sure weatherspoons will still be there for you when the lockdown ends

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    I do understand what peer review means. All of these studies are new, so I would expect it to take time for them to be peer reviewed and challenged, rather than just accepted. This is science.
    Not entirely true.

    A few weeks back there was data from France showing smokers are 4-5x less likely to get it. And there was data from China showing the same that they'd sent to a US medical journal for peer review and publication and the Chinks knew no-one would trust anything they said otherwise.

    So peer review can happen quite quickly.

  7. #17
    I'm disappointed you cannot make any effort in this 'discussion'. Please don't post sentences such as the 'the fact is no-one knows if the lockdown is making a difference' when i've posted links to many papers that do detail what it has and has not achieved, both the pros and cons. You clearly are lazy, have read none of the articles and have gotten in a little too deep here and are unable to counter at all.

    I believe it's Wetherspoons not Weatherspoons but yet again, personal abuse substituting for a lack of argument, unfortunately to have backfired somewhat.

    If you do have nothing constructive or helpful to post, then please refrain from the abuse, though i would be interested to hear the thoughts of others in this thread. By challenging and arguing we will come to a better outcome, rather than being herded like sheep.
    Last edited by dismalswamp; 05-09-2020 at 09:46 PM.

  8. #18
    Iím intrigued you consider drinking in Wetherspoons to be some sort of insult

    Fact is you posted 2 dubious supporting sources (daily mail and lockdownsceptics) and a bunch of non peer reviewed papers.

    May I remind you that you started this thread with a rant about lifting the lockdown and have provided very flimsy evidence to back up your plea. I am not arguing to continue the lockdown, Iím merely questioning the scientific backup for your argument (flimsy) and stating that most right minded people would probably rather the government overreact than let tens of thousands of people die

    As I said before. Why donít you go and catch the disease to acquire the immunity you think exists? Could it be that even some of those with mild symptoms seem to be suffering continual medical issues with lung capacity etc and you donít want to risk it?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    Iím intrigued you consider drinking in Wetherspoons to be some sort of insult

    Fact is you posted 2 dubious supporting sources (daily mail and lockdownsceptics) and a bunch of non peer reviewed papers.

    May I remind you that you started this thread with a rant about lifting the lockdown and have provided very flimsy evidence to back up your plea. I am not arguing to continue the lockdown, Iím merely questioning the scientific backup for your argument (flimsy) and stating that most right minded people would probably rather the government overreact than let tens of thousands of people die

    As I said before. Why donít you go and catch the disease to acquire the immunity you think exists? Could it be that even some of those with mild symptoms seem to be suffering continual medical issues with lung capacity etc and you donít want to risk it?
    I didn't post a rant, i laid out some points made by scientific experts, and linked to their papers.
    Your response was that is 'garbage', and have despite being asked several times, you have failed to provide anything at all to dispute any of those findings.

    As declared previously, lockdown sceptics did not author any of those posts, is merely a website that collates corona news and reports, so please get over yourself, and please stop shouting bias to cover your lack of being to provide any credible counter-argument.

    I like your use of 'right minded people'. I would substitute it for brain-washed idiots, who thankfully are beginning to realize that they have been, at least in part, lied to, and their futures destroyed for no good reason.

    The number of people dying from this virus, tragic as it is, is no different from any previous year, and well behind the flu outbreak in the UK during 2014.

    We have now heard that the lockdown measures will cause an extra 50,000 unnecessary cancer deaths this year. You can go and find the sources for that, as I cannot be bothered to carry you any further. Heaven knows how many others can be added to that total with the disruption caused to lives and other hospital treatments.

    The lockdown has not saved a single life, it is merely a delaying tactic to slow the spread, in case our NHS could not cope. Well the NHS has not been overwhelmed, and is not going to be, so the lockdown must end. The government themselves stated that immunity is the only answer, which you don't apparently believe in, even though every scientific body on both sides seem to agree with.

    Regarding the Juventus player that your entire standpoint seems precariously balanced on:
    Do you think the most likely outcome:
    a) He was infected multiple times by the same virus (a somewhat unique trait for a respiratory virus)?
    or
    b) The testing might not have been up to scratch?

    The policy of slowing the spread, slowing the immunity, will actually kill more vulnerable, than a big-bang spread has been well-made by many others.

    I suggest that you watch the Knut Wittkowski interview, all of it, and assess his answers, and the sources that he cites, before continuing further.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    From the Stanford and other studies, true lethality rate is around 0.02%. No more severe than any seasonal flu.

    The peak in the UK was around the 8th of April, should any lockdown methods have made any difference whatsoever, it was too late. (hint they would not have)

    The slowing of infection was a flawed strategy, all it achieved was slowing the time taken to reach the immunity wall, therefore putting the vulnerable at risk for an extended period of time. Stay home, save lives in reality, was actually, stay home, cost lives. At no point was the NHS ever overwhelmed.

    Social distancing removes ones ability to fight any alien pathogens, as to put in layman's terms the human body's good bugs, day in day out, are spoiling for a fight. Removal of the normal presence of alien-invaders for an extended period of time lessens these defenses, leaving one more prone to ANY viral infection.

    Hand-sanitizer, whilst yes does remove the virus, when used excessively for no good reason, also strips the bodies natural good-guys away, similarly leaving one more prone to infection.

    Face-masks are completely useless as virus is not airborne and if sneezed or coughed on, can get in through the eyes anyway.

    The virus has no effect on children, leaving schools open would have created the immunity wall and protected the nation. Children also rarely infect adults. From the UK's numbers, only 7 under 10s have tragically died from from this, and 5 of those had known underlying conditions.

    In the UK so far, deaths from under 45s is less than 350 in total.

    The flu-vaccine, in addition to being useless for anyone who does not own a time machine, would make one 36% more likely to be infected with the corona-virus. As the virus is scientifically 'done' now, there is no need to harp on about developing a virus, there is absolutely no point.

    To summarize, every single piece of government advice was counter-productive or just plain wrong. This is before we pull part the IC's joke predictions and flawed computer models, and without going down any conspiracy rabbit holes regarding Professor Lockdown-Pantsdown and his left-wing climate change, anti fossil fuel bint.

    Securing the vulnerable and Keep Calm Carry On would have meant we were free to enjoy bank-holiday VE day, rather than operating under wartime conditions. Take Sweden as a case in point.

    What has this cost? How many lives have been lost due to this junk science? Who is going to be held accountable?
    Will this once great nation wake up from its brainwashed, terrified slumber and stop propagating and regurgitating mistruths they are spoon fed on social media and start asking questions, rather than accepting what they are told?

    Science is the ENDLESS pursuit for the truth. Science is never settled.

    dismal out
    Well, you've not learned anything and we've learned you are a moron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •