Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenant and her father (who she lives with) have both been furloughed

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    At the time we agreed to cut her rent it wasn't clear when the furlough payments would be backdated, so it was reasonable to think she really was going to struggle, but she's certainly had it by now, so if she's still claiming she can only stretch to £500 (between her and her also furloughed father) then I'm pretty comfortable asking for more transparency.
    Maybe she can pay you off in other ways...baby sitting, mow your lawn, do your shopping, clean your laundry, wash your car, quick blow job, paint some rooms, general house work...that sort of thing.

and in March asked if she can reduce her rent by 70% for a few months, which we agreed to.

Found out today she's been paying off other debts (presumably loans/credit cards) before us.

Is it unreasonable to insist she sends us a full breakdown of her finances, including take-home pay, outgoings, savings, etc?
    Surely the crucial question is whether you’d shag her, Monty?

Same question re her father, natch.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Surely the crucial question is whether you’d shag her, Monty?

Same question re her father, natch.
    I'd rather have the £2.6k she currently owes me, tbh, but all things being equal it's fair to say I would absolutely trolly her, yes.

and in March asked if she can reduce her rent by 70% for a few months, which we agreed to.

Found out today she's been paying off other debts (presumably loans/credit cards) before us.

Is it unreasonable to insist she sends us a full breakdown of her finances, including take-home pay, outgoings, savings, etc?
    Yes, completely unreasonable. Makes sense to pay off the high interest loans first so she will be in a better posiition to pay you in the future. You can't control what she spends her money on after you agree the reduction.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

At the time we agreed to cut her rent it wasn't clear when the furlough payments would be backdated, so it was reasonable to think she really was going to struggle, but she's certainly had it by now, so if she's still claiming she can only stretch to £500 (between her and her also furloughed father) then I'm pretty comfortable asking for more transparency.
    I do hope you've got this rent deferral agreement in writing, m.

Also, on the transparency thing, is there not a GDPR issue about this sort of thing?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Have you considered an altogether more feudal solution? I mean is she

attractive? As her landlord she is your chattel. The only problem is whether she can stomach to be mounted by a skinny fop like you.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I do hope you've got this rent deferral agreement in writing, m.

Also, on the transparency thing, is there not a GDPR issue about this sort of thing?
    I'd imagine we'll end up writing it off. She works in the travel industry so I doubt she's gonna be gainfully employed any time soon.

As for GDPR, we're not asking for proof in the form of bank statements, etc. Just for her to give us her own breakdown, which she's agreed to. Obviously she could tell us anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, completely unreasonable. Makes sense to pay off the high interest loans first so she will be in a better posiition to pay you in the future. You can't control what she spends her money on after you agree the reduction.
    All loan/credit card companies are offering payment holidays.

So what? She will be better off repaying them , you offered her a reduction and you have no control what she spends her money on, now stop being a **** for once
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Look, you've made a noble gesture and now you're clearly wanting to wriggle out of it. You're suffering from whatever the giver's equivalent of buyer's remorse is. However, having made the commitment to cut her rent by 70%, you have to stick by it, I'm afraid. Anything else undermines the whole point of having done something nice and, as Pokster says, makes you a bit of a ****.