Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen will address nation on VE Day anniversary before public singalong of

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The first tour was 30 missions and the second 20. On Mosquitos he flew an especially adapted high altitude version collecting weather data over Germany before raids. He said it was quite amusing stooging around over Berlin in an unarmed aircraft knowing the Germans had nothing that could fly fast enough or high enough to reach him.

Or nothing that he knew of yet...
    Yes. I heard an interesting way of putting the approaches of the two sides to technology the other day. It was that the allied approach in WWII was to perfect the weapons of the 1930s, while the Germans (due in part to their material inferiority) tried instead to win by building the weapons of the 1950s. Some truth to it, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The first tour was 30 missions and the second 20. On Mosquitos he flew an especially adapted high altitude version collecting weather data over Germany before raids. He said it was quite amusing stooging around over Berlin in an unarmed aircraft knowing the Germans had nothing that could fly fast enough or high enough to reach him.

Or nothing that he knew of yet...
    I don't give a fúck if he was tearing around the stratosphere stark bóllocks naked at the speed of sound and crapping all over the Hun c. If the miserable c'unt wouldn't sing along with Dame Vera then he was a frost. And if you don't sing along to the same song with Her Majesty this coming VE day then you're a stuck up, horse buggering frost yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I heard an interesting way of putting the approaches of the two sides to technology the other day. It was that the allied approach in WWII was to perfect the weapons of the 1930s, while the Germans (due in part to their material inferiority) tried instead to win by building the weapons of the 1950s. Some truth to it, I thought.
    And the one weapon that would have saved Germany was the big one of course so I think it a supreme irony that the top three scientists on project Manhattan - Oppenheimer, Teller and Feynman - were all jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And the one weapon that would have saved Germany was the big one of course so I think it a supreme irony that the top three scientists on project Manhattan - Oppenheimer, Teller and Feynman - were all jews.
    Yes, although they were a bit slow. If they'd put their backs into it, they could've dropped it on Berlin in front of the advancing Soviet army and Comrade Stalin would have had to wind his fúcking neck in a bit. As it was, they had to spaff it away on the Nips.

She should open with 'Whaddaya think of Tottenham?' and go from there into a full-blown, no-holds-barred version of 'We hate Tottenham', including the racial epithets and gas noises.
    I hear that B. In that case a bit of 'The Famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to sign the Pope' thrown in

I'd love to hear Her Maj shout 'Fúck Off'
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I hear that B. In that case a bit of 'The Famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to sign the Pope' thrown in

I'd love to hear Her Maj shout 'Fúck Off'
    'We're the boys in red and blue
    Who the fúckin'ell are you?
    And Ron Noades' mother rides a horse'

'We're the boys in red and blue
    Who the fúckin'ell are you?
    And Ron Noades' mother rides a horse'
    Always a little bit of Palace in you. Very polite version btw.

Always a little bit of Palace in you. Very polite version btw.
    I always liked that one. And I always hated Noades ever since I found out about him being close friends with my arch-nemesis Corbett.

I always liked that one. And I always hated Noades ever since I found out about him being close friends with my arch-nemesis Corbett.
    Possibly my favourite tbh. Why the Ronnie hate?

Possibly my favourite tbh. Why the Ronnie hate?
    Jesus, bb - where have you been?