Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today’s Taters. #1 of a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Baked spud, melted cheddar
    Good work la. Can you still get cheddar now that the UK is no longer allowed to export to the EU? Smuggled, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have no spuds planned today. My choices are Chicken with red pepper couscous or lasagne. I mean I could do a few chips on the side, I suppose...
    Best get the couscous done today before the rain arrives tomorrow. Lasagne is a good comforting rainy day dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good work la. Can you still get cheddar now that the UK is no longer allowed to export to the EU? Smuggled, is it?
    I have my sources. Sadly I don't have any sauces and the shop selling British good closed down at the weekend

Best get the couscous done today before the rain arrives tomorrow. Lasagne is a good comforting rainy day dish.
    My thinking exactly. I have taken to doing something that would doubtless outrage an Italian, but is bloody good. I melt a ball of mozzarella into the bechamel. Gives it a gooey richness that's extremely good.

Mrs TI does a lovely dauphinoise potatoes.

Had them on Saturday, very pleasant

Been doing similar for ages b. I buy the grated stuff and sprinkle it on top of each

My thinking exactly. I have taken to doing something that would doubtless outrage an Italian, but is bloody good. I melt a ball of mozzarella into the bechamel. Gives it a gooey richness that's extremely good.
    layer of the bechamal ( but not the top layer - burns ya see ).

What specific cheese do you use in your bechemal? I mean if Cheddar for example, exactly which brand?

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Mrs TI does a lovely dauphinoise potatoes.

Had them on Saturday, very pleasant
    Now I must confess that I love a dauph but, since about 15 years ago when I did a cookery course with Jean-Christophe Novelli, I can only make the dauphinoise as per his mum’s recipe, which includes cheese, thyme and, wait for it, curry powder.

Any purists who wish to object can suck my ball sac.

https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/rec...ed-dauphinoise

Now I must confess that I love a dauph but, since about 15 years ago when I did a cookery course with Jean-Christophe Novelli, I can only make the dauphinoise as per his mum’s recipe, which includes cheese, thyme and, wait for it, curry powder.

Any purists who wish to object can suck my ball sac.

https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/rec...ed-dauphinoise
    He also put vanilla in his tomato sauce, though.

To be honest, I'm sure it's very nice. but it's not really a dauphinoise, is it? It's more a sort of a pommes gratin thingummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    layer of the bechamal ( but not the top layer - burns ya see ).

What specific cheese do you use in your bechemal? I mean if Cheddar for example, exactly which brand?
    I don't put any other cheese in my bechamel other than perhaps a touch of Parmesan.

He also put vanilla in his tomato sauce, though.

To be honest, I'm sure it's very nice. but it's not really a dauphinoise, is it? It's more a sort of a pommes gratin thingummy.
    If Jean-Christophe Novelli, a proper Frog, chef and absolute dreamboat, says it’s a dauph, it’s a ****ing dauph. Capisce?