Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football without crowds is going to be a bit ****, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I don't mean playing sport so much as watching and fetishising it in the way we did before. I just think it could take a while to recover the levels of engagement.
    If it were a question of lockdown finishing and sporting events starting straight up, I think there would be a huge surge with people rushing back to celebrate a joyful re-commencement of life. Imagine the roar as the teams emerge from the tunnel for the first time... However, as it appears that the release from lockdown is going to be a drawn out process and football is likely to restart under some strange, unnatural conditions, it might just all be a bit of a damp squib.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If it were a question of lockdown finishing and sporting events starting straight up, I think there would be a huge surge with people rushing back to celebrate a joyful re-commencement of life. Imagine the roar as the teams emerge from the tunnel for the first time... However, as it appears that the release from lockdown is going to be a drawn out process and football is likely to restart under some strange, unnatural conditions, it might just all be a bit of a damp squib.
    Exactly. It won't be like coming back from a war and everyone just being able to enjoy it. It's going to be hedged about with all manner of fúckery that will make it much less interesting and in that time, I just think a lot of interest will drift away.

Precisely what I was going to say. Particularly for fans whose clubs are mired in midtable with none of the games being meaningful in any case. Will be very odd

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Precisely what I was going to say. Particularly for fans whose clubs are mired in midtable with none of the games being meaningful in any case. Will be very odd
    Add in the huge numbers of newly-unemployed and the inevitable reduction in corporate advertising budgets and the whole thing could be in trouble.

And no outrageous flobbing by the players. How will it be managed? Will it be yellow for a flob and a straight red for a nasal clearance?

Add in the huge numbers of newly-unemployed and the inevitable reduction in corporate advertising budgets and the whole thing could be in trouble.
    On the plus side, we'll be hearing a bit less from Arsenal Fan TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    On the plus side, we'll be hearing a bit less from Arsenal Fan TV.
    Those narcissistic ****s will probably still broadcast their thoughts to a grateful nation.

Did you see what the German health ministry were saying at the weekend? Players have to wear masks and if a masks slips than play has to be halted. No walls at free kicks and players too close together - genuinely had to check the date to see if it was April 1
    I read a load of stuff like that in the Mail but about our lot playing again. Was fúcking hilarious, the sort of thing you'd expect from Vic or The Day Today.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Dhdhxjdkdj
    100%. I'd rather wait until it can be played as normal tbh even if it meant waiting until next year. All these terrible ideas and compromises are just complete gash.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

glwtp. Masks etc. appear to be in rather short supply

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...mpression=true

Did you see what the German health ministry were saying at the weekend? Players have to wear masks and if a masks slips than play has to be halted. No walls at free kicks and players too close together - genuinely had to check the date to see if it was April 1
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."