Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football without crowds is going to be a bit ****, isn’t it?

Football without crowds is going to be a bit ****, isn’t it?

Dhdhxjdkdj

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Dhdhxjdkdj
    Did you see what the German health ministry were saying at the weekend? Players have to wear masks and if a masks slips than play has to be halted. No walls at free kicks and players too close together - genuinely had to check the date to see if it was April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Did you see what the German health ministry were saying at the weekend? Players have to wear masks and if a masks slips than play has to be halted. No walls at free kicks and players too close together - genuinely had to check the date to see if it was April 1
    For **** sake. Wouldn’t be worth bringing it back if that’s the sort of *******s they’ll try and implement. They’ll be having no scrums or rucks in rugby at this rate

For **** sake. Wouldn’t be worth bringing it back if that’s the sort of *******s they’ll try and implement. They’ll be having no scrums or rucks in rugby at this rate
    Yep - be ridiculous. Can't see rugby coming back for a bit.

Mind you - no man-to-man marking in football won't affect our defence at least

Yep - be ridiculous. Can't see rugby coming back for a bit.

Mind you - no man-to-man marking in football won't affect our defence at least
    I take it you've seen the nonsense about allowing substances to be applied to the ball rather than have people rubbing spit and sweat on it? Most cricketers have been using spit on the ball since they were kids. Almost impossible to resist the reflex to do it, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I take it you've seen the nonsense about allowing substances to be applied to the ball rather than have people rubbing spit and sweat on it? Most cricketers have been using spit on the ball since they were kids. Almost impossible to resist the reflex to do it, I'd have thought.
    Yes, will be an odd one. Not as much of a factor with the white ball though which I guess will be the first form of cricket to get the go ahead

Yes, will be an odd one. Not as much of a factor with the white ball though which I guess will be the first form of cricket to get the go ahead
    I sort of half wonder if people will just get used to the idea of not having sport, resulting in a percentage of fans simply drifting away from it altogether. I certainly think that the sporting world may struggle to reignite interest to pre-virus levels.

Dhdhxjdkdj
    Quite.

And when did air horns disappear from football stadia?

also...Gilbert Napthine
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I sort of half wonder if people will just get used to the idea of not having sport, resulting in a percentage of fans simply drifting away from it altogether. I certainly think that the sporting world may struggle to reignite interest to pre-virus levels.
    My morning constitutional across the golf course today suggested to me that lockdown is crumbling... at 6 am there were 4 separate groups of covert golfers, not bothering to be covert, and an exasperated security bloke telling me, “I’m wasting my ****ing time, they just tell me to **** off.”

Putting your balls into a little hole would appear to have lost none of its charm for golfists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My morning constitutional across the golf course today suggested to me that lockdown is crumbling... at 6 am there were 4 separate groups of covert golfers, not bothering to be covert, and an exasperated security bloke telling me, “I’m wasting my ****ing time, they just tell me to **** off.”

Putting your balls into a little hole would appear to have lost none of its charm for golfists.
    Oh, I don't mean playing sport so much as watching and fetishising it in the way we did before. I just think it could take a while to recover the levels of engagement.