Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a new pet peeve

I have a new pet peeve

All these adverts on the telly that are stay at home themed or for charity
    There is even one for Birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was pleased to see that the tweet announcing Comic Relief the other day got absolutely savaged. They ended up having to block people en masse.

It's bad enough normally. In these circumstances it's just cruel.

Must be a Thursday

It's become almost impossible to know where to donate your money these days. I'm torn between an NHS donation, sponsoring a leapard, saving a donkey or sorting out a kids hairlip.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    It's become almost impossible to know where to donate your money these days. I'm torn between an NHS donation, sponsoring a leapard, saving a donkey or sorting out a kids hairlip.
    That is a tricky one, b. The NHS can obvs go fúck itself, since you've already spent fortunes on it throughout your life and any money you give it will be píssed away on diversity co-ordinators and Somali translators. However, the other three are trickier. I've always felt bad for kids with harelips, but I do like a leopard. Donkeys are OK, but meh.

All in all, I'd give it to the leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is a tricky one, b. The NHS can obvs go fúck itself, since you've already spent fortunes on it throughout your life and any money you give it will be píssed away on diversity co-ordinators and Somali translators. However, the other three are trickier. I've always felt bad for kids with harelips, but I do like a leopard. Donkeys are OK, but meh.

Spot on with the money pit called the NHS and I suppose I can leave the worlds donkey issues to Sir C. Hairlips do up set me as do boss eyes but it's not as if the kids live near me and I see them everyday. Yeah the big cat has got it. Plus it's going to write to me once a month which is amazing and I cant wait to hear it's opinions on tons of stuff!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Well I think if you pay to have a kid's hairlip fixed you are, effectively, making

Spot on with the money pit called the NHS and I suppose I can leave the worlds donkey issues to Sir C. Hairlips do up set me as do boss eyes but it's not as if the kids live near me and I see them everyday. Yeah the big cat has got it. Plus it's going to write to me once a month which is amazing and I cant wait to hear it's opinions on tons of stuff!
    the kid look normal again and you know, noncable, so you should get first dibs on the noncing .....

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Give the donkey to the leopard and kill two birds with one stone. Well, one donkey with big cat but close enough

Donkeys are a pain. They need hard standing or their hooves rot. And they’re known escape artists.

Leopards are ok but violent. Now your cheetah is top choice for a remarkably friendly big cat. How much do they want for one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Donkeys are a pain. They need hard standing or their hooves rot. And they’re known escape artists.

Leopards are ok but violent. Now your cheetah is top choice for a remarkably friendly big cat. How much do they want for one of those?
    In his wonderful book 'Maneaters of Kumaon', Jim Corbett makes it clear that he'd rather go after a man-eating tiger than a man-eating leopard any day. Leopards are cleverer, less predictable and much less fearful of man than your tigers. So much so that a leopard will go into a house and take a child - something tigers would never do.