Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I’ve furloughed myself. Of course as a director of the company I am allowed to carry out my statutory duties. According to the barrister chap who advised me, ‘statutory duties’ is an entirely subjective term, so in theory I could pretty much carry on as usual.

It’s nicer a5 home, though.
    I'll tell you what's getting me down. Companies sending round emails saying they're holding their next presser or product launch as a webinar. As if anyone ever went to these things just to get their tedious information, ffs!
    This would usually be the time of year to rock up to various dos in town, get lunches bought for one, hoover up huge amounts of free drink and generally do all the stuff that makes the job worthwhile. Instead they expect me to sit in front of a screen pretending I give a fúck. Very depressing.

The worst of it is, of course, that after all this is over, they might all start to decide they should carry on doing it like this - at which point life would simply cease to be worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'll tell you what's getting me down. Companies sending round emails saying they're holding their next presser or product launch as a webinar. As if anyone ever went to these things just to get their tedious information, ffs!
    This would usually be the time of year to rock up to various dos in town, get lunches bought for one, hoover up huge amounts of free drink and generally do all the stuff that makes the job worthwhile. Instead they expect me to sit in front of a screen pretending I give a fúck. Very depressing.

The worst of it is, of course, that after all this is over, they might all start to decide they should carry on doing it like this - at which point life would simply cease to be worth living.
    Yes, things will certainly never be the same now. Imagine just how much companies will learn to save in office space now the wfh is the norm rather than the exception.

Mind you, I haven’t really decided whether there is to be an ‘after’ for me yet. I’m rather enjoying the simple life too much.

My staff, sadly, seem less keen on packing it in.

A pot ****ing noodle, I? Is it 1987 again?

I’m considering adding anchovies to my egg mayonnaise. I’ve gone a bit weird.
    I actually love Pot Noodles and as for 1987, well had them for school dinners in the late 70s when there were just the three standard flavours.

Yes, things will certainly never be the same now. Imagine just how much companies will learn to save in office space now the wfh is the norm rather than the exception.

Mind you, I haven’t really decided whether there is to be an ‘after’ for me yet. I’m rather enjoying the simple life too much.

My staff, sadly, seem less keen on packing it in.
    Yes. I wouldn’t want to be a landlord who owns a lot of office space over the next few years. Bad juju.