Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negative Oil

Negative Oil

So the oil companies pay people to take the oil for free??

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    So the oil companies pay people to take the oil for free??

and the Donald bought millions of barrels to stockpile last week at $30 a barrel.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and the Donald bought millions of barrels to stockpile last week at $30 a barrel.
    Given the importance of the Petrodollar to the US's economic pre-eminence, I'm not really sure where this leaves them.

Also, has anyone thought of...y'know...ceasing to pump oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Given the importance of the Petrodollar to the US's economic pre-eminence, I'm not really sure where this leaves them.

Also, has anyone thought of...y'know...ceasing to pump oil?
    The Saudis are really stitching the merkins up on this...

Yes, you'd think that everyone might think about stopping or slowing down production for a bit.
    If only there was a graph that shows what happens to price when supply and demand shifts...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The Saudis are really stitching the merkins up on this...

Yes, you'd think that everyone might think about stopping or slowing down production for a bit.
    If only there was a graph that shows what happens to price when supply and demand shifts...
    They're also royally fúcking the Russians, of course.

Apparently, the price of oil tankers has soared, as they need somewhere to store it all. You now have loads of oil tankers floating around pointlessly in international waters chock full of oil, but unable to dock anywhere.

Anyone remember Peak Oil?

They're also royally fúcking the Russians, of course.

Apparently, the price of oil tankers has soared, as they need somewhere to store it all. You now have loads of oil tankers floating around pointlessly in international waters chock full of oil, but unable to dock anywhere.

You've got to feel sorry for the countries being affected the most, haven't you? Delightful, decent Saudi Arabia and charming, honest Nigeria, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've got to feel sorry for the countries being affected the most, haven't you? Delightful, decent Saudi Arabia and charming, honest Nigeria, for example.
    Yes, and those delightful chaps in Venezuela.

It's almost as if there's a direct correlation between countries who are major oil exporters and also complete c.unts.

The Norwegians are an exception, of course. They're just a bit boring rather than actively evil.

M King Hubbert will be efficiently spinning in his well lubricated grave.

Paying people to take it away

Yes, and those delightful chaps in Venezuela.

It's almost as if there's a direct correlation between countries who are major oil exporters and also complete c.unts.

The Norwegians are an exception, of course. They're just a bit boring rather than actively evil.
    Norwegians may not be actively evil, but have you ever met a more smug group of superior ****s?

**** them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Norwegians may not be actively evil, but have you ever met a more smug group of superior ****s?

**** them.
    Yes, well sitting on a vast and unassailable sovereign wealth fund will do that for you, I guess.

Mind you, I liked that well-known Nordic type Kirk Douglas in The Heroes of Telemark. And they do give us a Christmas tree every year.