Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I want to go to a seafood restaurant.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I do eat seafood, I'm not a complete wuss, it's just that it is way down my preference list.

Crab and lobster brings me out in hives. Fish isn't too bad, I quite like some whitefish and mackerel - I don't like salmon.

Maybe to do with me having so slide whelks off the side of the plate before having to eat the rubbery fúckers as a kid. Along with mussels and other sea-based pollution filters.
    How can you not like salmon? I mean I am as fussy an eater as they come but salmon is bootiful

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    How can you not like salmon? I mean I am as fussy an eater as they come but salmon is bootiful
    salmon, in all it's forms, to me, has a taste that can only be described as 'earthy'. Regardless of fresh, frozen, fillet, portion, sliced, how the ratio of beech to oak is in the smoke mix, drizzled in oil, chillies, etc. I simply don't enjoy it.

Now, a bit of monkfish, haddock, kingklip, etc I could, if pressed, enjoy.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    salmon, in all it's forms, to me, has a taste that can only be described as 'earthy'. Regardless of fresh, frozen, fillet, portion, sliced, how the ratio of beech to oak is in the smoke mix, drizzled in oil, chillies, etc. I simply don't enjoy it.

Now, a bit of monkfish, haddock, kingklip, etc I could, if pressed, enjoy.
    Now here we agree. Farmed salmon tastes largely of mud. Wild salmon, on the other hand, is a magnificent thing, but it costs roughly the same as the average moon landing, so it's a rare treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Now here we agree. Farmed salmon tastes largely of mud. Wild salmon, on the other hand, is a magnificent thing, but it costs roughly the same as the average moon landing, so it's a rare treat.
    Chile. Massive global market share of farmed salmon. Who'da thunk...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No such thing as a moon landing B

PS. Did make me chuckle and will be using it if the pubs ever open again
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'