Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytime telly review

Daytime telly review

Bargain Hunt I quite like it, Though must be a cheap as chips show for the BBC to produce. I like the cheerful news,

Tipping point. awful, the machine bit is a novelty when you first see it, it's particually sad when they talk about it like it's actually something important 'oh no hope it doesn't ride on this one'

Come Dine with me. I only usually see this on if I am stuck in a hotel. Secretly I quite like this TAXI!

Other notes Columbo/Murder she wrote seem to be on tv 24 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Bargain Hunt I quite like it, Though must be a cheap as chips show for the BBC to produce. I like the cheerful news,

Tipping point. awful, the machine bit is a novelty when you first see it, it's particually sad when they talk about it like it's actually something important 'oh no hope it doesn't ride on this one'

Come Dine with me. I only usually see this on if I am stuck in a hotel. Secretly I quite like this TAXI!

The Kyle was a morning staple!

The ITV4 treble of Minder, The Professionals & The Sweeney is great although it doesn't take too long before you've seen them all.

Tales Of The Unexpected is a bit crap compared to how I remember it
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Tipping Point...

how they made a television game show out of a dull, dull, crushingly dull, penny arcade game, and got it past commissioning I'll never know.

and then for it to run for years... Jesus wept.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Tipping Point...

how they made a television game show out of a dull, dull, crushingly dull, penny arcade game, and got it past commissioning I'll never know.

and then for it to run for years... Jesus wept.
    My mum and sis tried to get me in to that over xmas. Well now. I don't know what to say, I think you've summed it up perfectly.

Although as a kid I did like penny falls.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    The ITV4 treble of Minder, The Professionals & The Sweeney is great although it doesn't take too long before you've seen them all.

Tales Of The Unexpected is a bit crap compared to how I remember it
    When I was staying with my sister in Australia, the afternoon schedule on ABC (I think) was Knight Rider, The A-Team and Magnum. Absolutely brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    When I was staying with my sister in Australia, the afternoon schedule on ABC (I think) was Knight Rider, The A-Team and Magnum. Absolutely brilliant
    Excellent stuff. There's been plenty of A-Team on the telly recently, it has not disappointed

I was amused to note the other day that there's a quiz show on (I assume) ITV that's hosted by an actual dwarf and yet nothing in the title or format or anything else makes any reference to it. Why?

And bargain hunt reminds me that in the before times, I was at an antique shop in Sawbridgeworth and the Antiques Roadtrip team were filming. I quite wanted to walk to the counter during a shot holding a giant plastic gollywog (of which there was one) and ask for access to the Nazi memorabilia (of which there was some), but my wife wouldn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was amused to note the other day that there's a quiz show on (I assume) ITV that's hosted by an actual dwarf and yet nothing in the title or format or anything else makes any reference to it. Why?

And bargain hunt reminds me that in the before times, I was at an antique shop in Sawbridgeworth and the Antiques Roadtrip team were filming. I quite wanted to walk to the counter during a shot holding a giant plastic gollywog (of which there was one) and ask for access to the Nazi memorabilia (of which there was some), but my wife wouldn't let me.
    The quiz is called Short Answers. Or it might be called Tenable

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    The quiz is called Short Answers. Or it might be called Tenable
    I saw him (and his family) at the Haynes Car Museum near Wincanton many years ago. I think he'd just done the ceremonial re-opening of it.

His wife is also a deeewarf, as, unsurprisingly, are their kids.

In short it is quite an interesting place if you like yer motors.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”