Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course they're not. It's virtually impossible to record all the deaths accurately at the moment. Not least because you have the question of 'dying with' and 'dying of', which are being far too easily confused at the moment. And different countries are recording slightly differently (or in some cases just flat-out lying). Equally, countries with low population densities are being compared on infection rates with ones with high population density. It's impossible to get an accurate picture as things stand.

The brutal truth is this, though: this thing is going to go through the global population. We have no choice about that. All that can be controlled is the rate of spread and thus the rate of deaths. Whether we like it or not, we're either going to get herd immunity through contracting it or (much less likely in the short term) by a vaccine. That means that mortality rates for those who contract it when this is all over are likely to be similar everywhere - just over different periods and mitigated only by factors of better and more available treatment.
    Figures can't be accurate.. for example, my B-I-L has MN and has received a letter saying if he gets suspected Covid, he won't be taken to hospital or receive any breathing aid as he has a short life expectency anyway. So as and when he dies he won't be recorded as a virus death no matter what takes him.

ANother point is, he can't recieve any visitors even though he only has a few weeks anyway, seems so sad that his family can't even say goodbye
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Figures can't be accurate.. for example, my B-I-L has MN and has received a letter saying if he gets suspected Covid, he won't be taken to hospital or receive any breathing aid as he has a short life expectency anyway. So as and when he dies he won't be recorded as a virus death no matter what takes him.

ANother point is, he can't recieve any visitors even though he only has a few weeks anyway, seems so sad that his family can't even say goodbye
    Hang on, your b-i-l only has a few weeks to live regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Hang on, your b-i-l only has a few weeks to live regardless?
    Yes, 2-3 weeks they think

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, 2-3 weeks they think
    condolences, p

a terrible disease.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    condolences, p

a terrible disease.
    Thanks, he just wants it to end now