Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: My beloved just got repatriated from Delhi in FIRST CLASS on the last flight for a

My beloved just got repatriated from Delhi in FIRST CLASS on the last flight for a

week.

Ganpati willing everyone else gets back safe and sound on the next round of flights.

All Brits everywhere. All humans everywhere.

She had to get police and hospital permission to get the taxi to Delhi from Jaipur for 6+ hrs.

She'd used a mate's address in Delhi to say she was there, not Jaipur, as the flights were Delhi-based Brits only.

Gets to the airport. But after checking in, 5 people incl. her are told they're not booked, despite all having the confirmation emails from the govt on their phones.

One lady had to get back for her husband who now has it. So please say a prayer for them, what with it being Easter Sunday an' all.

One of the worst 15 mins of my life. Then she rings up to say they've put her in Upper Class as Virgin call it, with a proper bed. Slept like a log, apparently.

Almost like Ganpati magic works, eh, Herbs? That helping our mate become the master chef of the streets to feed the locked down homeless for free gets you good karma and a first class upgrade for free.*

#YouCantLockDownLove

*All flights were £581. I hope Virgin didn't charge our govt extra for the business and upper class seats. But if they did, can I just thank the fiscally prudent tax payers like B for being so generous and coughing up for her. Ever come to one of our parties and you can have free drugs all night, mate. Much appreciated.

BIG LOVE EVERYONE.

HAPPY EASTER.

Ganpati bless all of you - YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY, RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL I AM.

Jai Shree Ganesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    week.

Ganpati willing everyone else gets back safe and sound on the next round of flights.

All Brits everywhere. All humans everywhere.

She had to get police and hospital permission to get the taxi to Delhi from Jaipur for 6+ hrs.

She'd used a mate's address in Delhi to say she was there, not Jaipur, as the flights were Delhi-based Brits only.

Gets to the airport. But after checking in, 5 people incl. her are told they're not booked, despite all having the confirmation emails from the govt on their phones.

One lady had to get back for her husband who now has it. So please say a prayer for them, what with it being Easter Sunday an' all.

One of the worst 15 mins of my life. Then she rings up to say they've put her in Upper Class as Virgin call it, with a proper bed. Slept like a log, apparently.

Almost like Ganpati magic works, eh, Herbs? That helping our mate become the master chef of the streets to feed the locked down homeless for free gets you good karma and a first class upgrade for free.*

#YouCantLockDownLove

*All flights were £581. I hope Virgin didn't charge our govt extra for the business and upper class seats. But if they did, can I just thank the fiscally prudent tax payers like B for being so generous and coughing up for her. Ever come to one of our parties and you can have free drugs all night, mate. Much appreciated.

BIG LOVE EVERYONE.

HAPPY EASTER.

Ganpati bless all of you - YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY, RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL I AM.

Jai Shree Ganesh.
    Good stuff G ...all the best
    How are they all doingin India with this virus?

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Good stuff G ...all the best
    How are they all doingin India with this virus?
    Cheers, bb. Best of luck to you and your loved ones, too.

You know neither the glw or I can stand Modi and the Hindutva fascism he leads, but my beloved says they've actually done really well.

He locked down the whole country on March 25th and it's been a real success. Even though she had a copy of a letter from the UK High Commission saying the Ind govt were happy for her to travel to the flight, she had to go to the police, who sent her for a hospital test and thence back to the police for all the paperwork required just to get a taxi to an airport {admittedly 6 hrs away.}

There's only been 8,500 cases atm.

There are down sides. When the lockdown was announced some landlords told their poor tenants that they had to pay the next month up front. As they were often owed 20 days wages, they lost their homes and their money and had to walk up to 1,000 miles or more back to their home villages.

That's why we started raising money - about a grand in ten days so far - and have been wiring it to one homeless mate (luckily cos we got him a bank account and phone in Dec) and he's cooking lush Indian veggie food on wood fires on the street for his mates. Been making loads of tea and walking around giving a cup and a slice of bread to other homeless people he doesn't know.

Got another old mate who now lives far from Delhi to buy £60 of food and make up plastic bags with some different things in and give those out to families in his village, and then biccies for the kids.

So we're doing our tiny bit to help with the hunger/poverty problem but much as we hate Modi, my beloved says he's done really well with the strict lockdown to prevent further spread.

Bloôdy Wop tourists brought the virus in.

Ganpati bless, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Cheers, bb. Best of luck to you and your loved ones, too.

You know neither the glw or I can stand Modi and the Hindutva fascism he leads, but my beloved says they've actually done really well.

He locked down the whole country on March 25th and it's been a real success. Even though she had a copy of a letter from the UK High Commission saying the Ind govt were happy for her to travel to the flight, she had to go to the police, who sent her for a hospital test and thence back to the police for all the paperwork required just to get a taxi to an airport {admittedly 6 hrs away.}

There's only been 8,500 cases atm.

There are down sides. When the lockdown was announced some landlords told their poor tenants that they had to pay the next month up front. As they were often owed 20 days wages, they lost their homes and their money and had to walk up to 1,000 miles or more back to their home villages.

That's why we started raising money - about a grand in ten days so far - and have been wiring it to one homeless mate (luckily cos we got him a bank account and phone in Dec) and he's cooking lush Indian veggie food on wood fires on the street for his mates. Been making loads of tea and walking around giving a cup and a slice of bread to other homeless people he doesn't know.

Got another old mate who now lives far from Delhi to buy £60 of food and make up plastic bags with some different things in and give those out to families in his village, and then biccies for the kids.

So we're doing our tiny bit to help with the hunger/poverty problem but much as we hate Modi, my beloved says he's done really well with the strict lockdown to prevent further spread.

Bloôdy Wop tourists brought the virus in.

Ganpati bless, mate.
    Read somewhere that they suspect the old BCG injections they used to mandate back in the day might be helping with immunity. I think India is one of the few countries left that still do it . Ireland stopped doing it about 5 yrs ago i think , not sure about here in the U.S. Would be great if it was something that simple . Its amazing that a country like India has'nt been ravaged . I'm still rooting for Sweden and hoping their strategy works out for them , as this current 'cure' is not sustainable and will cause more deaths in the long term

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Read somewhere that they suspect the old BCG injections they used to mandate back in the day might be helping with immunity. I think India is one of the few countries left that still do it . Ireland stopped doing it about 5 yrs ago i think , not sure about here in the U.S. Would be great if it was something that simple . Its amazing that a country like India has'nt been ravaged . I'm still rooting for Sweden and hoping their strategy works out for them , as this current 'cure' is not sustainable and will cause more deaths in the long term
    Wicked. I didn't know that. I shall tell the glw. Just have. She said she hadn't heard anything about that when she was out there, but it would be great if it was something as simple as that. Pity you can't just buy shots over the counter in Boots. Or Harrods in WW1 when they sold officers boxes with a syringe and some smack and coke. Mix those two with the BCG and job's a goon'un.