Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best premier league goals 2018/19 on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One day, bb, we who survive the plague shall dandle our PPE-clad younglings on our knees and tell them tales of the Before Time. Going on aeroplanes, shaking hands, packing ourselves into tube trains to go tnto 'Lon-Don'. They shan't believe us, of course. They'll dismiss these as the ramblings of fanciful dotards. Then they'll book us in for our appointment to be turned into Soylent Green.
    Superb stuff, the movie almost writes itself. They'll never believe there were public houses. I'm starting to question it myself Let's tell them Arsenal did the double in '99 and the evil Ferguson went in to a mental home.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

The one that was on just before this all kicked off.

I'm really quite depressed about the lack of a cricket season. I was pretty much ignoring the football anyway, so didn't care about that stopping, but an entire summer without test cricket just seems inhuman.
    Particularly as we have a potentially exciting team emerging. Losing a year of Ben Stokes in his prime Wood and Archer together potentially (ok that is fanciful). An opening pair who can actually lay a platform for Root.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Particularly as we have a potentially exciting team emerging. Losing a year of Ben Stokes in his prime Wood and Archer together potentially (ok that is fanciful). An opening pair who can actually lay a platform for Root.
    Wood could find a way to get injured even during lockdown imo.

But it's just painful to think that Lord's is just going to sit there all summer with no cricket happening. That the sound of leather on willow won't be heard anywhere in the country. Madness!

The fúcking Chinese are going to pay, la. You mark my words.

The before time, h. When we could go outside; go to pubs and restaurants and touch each other (not like that). Do you realise that the last meal I had out was an abjectly poor club sandwich in a shítty hotel in Gaydon? The chicken had clearly come straight out of the fridge and they served it with bacon-flavoured crisps, ffs! It was abominable, but I'd sexually molest an alligator to be able to do that now.
    And even if we realise our mistake we cannot go back. Our politicians dare not concede they have made errors because they'll quickly be annihilated by Twitter.

We will never fully get out of lockdown. There'll be brief periods of respite but as soon as one single person sneezes we'll all have to scurry back into our bunkers because "if it saves but one single octagenarian's life it is worth it!"

I blame you b. You thought it highly amusing when Trump decided the world could be governed by a string of facile Tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And even if we realise our mistake we cannot go back. Our politicians dare not concede they have made errors because they'll quickly be annihilated by Twitter.

We will never fully get out of lockdown. There'll be brief periods of respite but as soon as one single person sneezes we'll all have to scurry back into our bunkers because "if it saves but one single octagenarian's life it is worth it!"

I blame you b. You thought it highly amusing when Trump decided the world could be governed by a string of facile Tweets.
    Excuse me? I was questioning whether the response to this was proportionate weeks ago! You've only just caught up with me.

Naturally, when I voiced these concerns, I was immediately told I wanted old people to die because I was an evil tory.

And what's increasingly clear here is that it's the health experts who are calling the shots rather than the politicians.

Spot on H. In our tragic future PC world (Post Corona) our government will just click it's fingers whenever it wants and just say 'you know the drill folks, everyone inside' Maybe we should be grateful we lived most of our lives in a normal way...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Excuse me? I was questioning whether the response to this was proportionate weeks ago! You've only just caught up with me.

Naturally, when I voiced these concerns, I was immediately told I wanted old people to die because I was an evil tory.

And what's increasingly clear here is that it's the health experts who are calling the shots rather than the politicians.
    Yes I know b. It is good, however, to see you accepting responsibility for empowering Trump. Well done!

Yes I know b. It is good, however, to see you accepting responsibility for empowering Trump. Well done!
    I didn't get a vote in the US election, h, so my responsibility for the Donald is zero.

I'll say this for him, though: he had the right idea about the chinks all along. When he was saying we'd given too much away to them and that our dependence on them was dangerous, he was absolutely right. Don't give the sneaky little savages a fúcking inch.

I didn't get a vote in the US election, h, so my responsibility for the Donald is zero.

I'll say this for him, though: he had the right idea about the chinks all along. When he was saying we'd given too much away to them and that our dependence on them was dangerous, he was absolutely right. Don't give the sneaky little savages a fúcking inch.
    One hopes we have leaned our lesson b. However I see the BBC already leading the big hug for the yellas.

Now that Wuhan has emerged from lockdown, apparently they can be our saviours by teaching us the invaluable lessons they have learned. I see nothing about purchasing meat from filthy, insanitary and supposedly illegal wet markets though.

One hopes we have leaned our lesson b. However I see the BBC already leading the big hug for the yellas.

Now that Wuhan has emerged from lockdown, apparently they can be our saviours by teaching us the invaluable lessons they have learned. I see nothing about purchasing meat from filthy, insanitary and supposedly illegal wet markets though.
    The determination with which our media classes have refused to acknowledge that the Chinese have been telling barefaced lies about their numbers is actually shocking. If we're to believe these cretins, the Chinese cases hit a peak and then basically stopped. This would be in direct contravention of absolutely everything we know about the spread of the virus, of course, but still this blatant propaganda from a viciously authoritarian state that currently has a million muslims in concentration camps has just been parroted unquestioningly by our supposedly progressive media.

It's genuinely disgraceful.