Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Listen up now, about the Universe. You have to stop thinking of empty space as

Listen up now, about the Universe. You have to stop thinking of empty space as

being nothing. It ain't nothing, it is very much something - the space time continuum.
    Now that which is beyond the edge of the physical Universe and that which was before the Big Bang - that is real nothing. No space, no time, no beer, no tabs - nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    being nothing. It ain't nothing, it is very much something - the space time continuum.
    Now that which is beyond the edge of the physical Universe and that which was before the Big Bang - that is real nothing. No space, no time, no beer, no tabs - nothing.
    Watched a programme 'tother day about searching for Earth 2.0 Obviously a new planet for us to ruin when we've finished with ours. They banged on and on about atmospheres, water, temperature and orbits etc but never addressed the elephant in the room which is how we'd ever get to one of these planets. The nearest one they mentioned was about 8 light years away, fúcking idiots
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Watched a programme 'tother day about searching for Earth 2.0 Obviously a new planet for us to ruin when we've finished with ours. They banged on and on about atmospheres, water, temperature and orbits etc but never addressed the elephant in the room which is how we'd ever get to one of these planets. The nearest one they mentioned was about 8 light years away, fúcking idiots
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, bb: Space is a waste of time. And vice versa. It's best to ignore it.

We even have people trying to talk up funding for a manned mission to Mars! Some even talking about a colony. We'd be living in giant glass domes with locally produced oxygen. Imagine trying to get all the gear we need to Mars in the first place before trying to assemble it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, bb: Space is a waste of time. And vice versa. It's best to ignore it.
    I find it fascinating tbh but in all honesty it's pretty much irrelevant compared to what's going on on our actual planet, amazing how many billions are spent on the whole shebang every year. I think it's a cowards way out, look for the answers in deep space rather than face our problems at home

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    We even have people trying to talk up funding for a manned mission to Mars! Some even talking about a colony. We'd be living in giant glass domes with locally produced oxygen. Imagine trying to get all the gear we need to Mars in the first place before trying to assemble it.
    Perhaps that's what this lockdown shít is about, training! 9 months is a git of a journey too, imagine getting there and realising you've left your mobile back at Cape Canaveral

Just get the Millennium Falcon, b - it did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just get the Millennium Falcon, b - it did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
    That Han Solo bloke is a bit too fly for my liking though, not sure I trust the maintenance on his starship. Is he with the AA?

That Han Solo bloke is a bit too fly for my liking though, not sure I trust the maintenance on his starship. Is he with the AA?
    I'm fairly sure Harrison Ford is a member of one AA, bb