Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well they've gone down the herd immunity route. If they come through without significantly higher numbers of deaths than the rest of us, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.
    I saw some speculation that they’re working off the basis that 80-90% are asymptomatic, or show so little symptoms that it won’t matter.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 03-31-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Well they've gone down the herd immunity route. If they come through without significantly higher numbers of deaths than the rest of us, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.
    And if they emerge relatively unscathed we'll have some explaining to do. Taking into account the sparseness of the population of course. And the fact they aren't governed by thieving tory ****holes of course

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    it returns like a pernicious demon. And in your dreams tonight Sir C will violently plunder your very bowels while a multi-headed Ganpz stands watching pitiless to your cries for help and chants Hindi obscenities.
    Oh. Well it's something to break the tedium, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And if they emerge relatively unscathed we'll have some explaining to do. Taking into account the sparseness of the population of course. And the fact they aren't governed by thieving tory ****holes of course
    Err...everyone has rejected herd immunity as a strategy, h. Indeed, it was mainly your lot who squealed at the very idea of ‘wanting the pensioners to die’. Twąts.

Err...everyone has rejected herd immunity as a strategy, h. Indeed, it was mainly your lot who squealed at the very idea of ‘wanting the pensioners to die’. Twąts.
    But hang on.. Herd immunity is something of a given. NHS capacity is the over riding concern. Does this mean the Swedes have an unlimited supply of frontline staff, ventilators and beds ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    But hang on.. Herd immunity is something of a given. NHS capacity is the over riding concern. Does this mean the Swedes have an unlimited supply of frontline staff, ventilators and beds ?
    They’re following a model and increasing hospital capacity as they go along. If they keep the curve below a certain line (maximum number of hospital/intensive care beds) then they’re fine. What they’ve been doing is adding restrictions as they go along if they see the curve is getting too close to said line and they feel the restrictions might help reduce the chance of going over it. It’s working so far.

I thought that was the route you wanted us to go down?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That seems untenable. Reports claim up to 80% of the population will contract it anyway, therefore the goal is in slowing it down.
    If the Govt sticks to these measures, there’s an outside chance that these Nightingale units may not need to be fully utilised.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That is rather the point of what I wrote. That we and every other country that's locked down would have some serious explaining to do if the Swedes end up doing not much worse than us.

That is rather the point of what I wrote. That we and every other country that's locked down would have some serious explaining to do if the Swedes end up doing not much worse than us.
    Amazed how many people in this thread have misunderstood your point