Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You keep using the word 'happy' in order to frame this as some sort of desire on my part for old people to die (and, incidentally, you as the virtuous one). In fact, I have two parents who've been in lockdown since the first week in March because they don't want to catch it. I desperately want them to be OK.

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in macro terms, this is a disproportionate response.

Nothing about any of it makes me 'happy'. So fúck off with that, OK?
    I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong
    Stop wacking your tongue up Berni's a-hole m - he still thinks you're a kunt

I just wish people could grow up and have the sense to leave party politics/Brexit/whatever out of it and see it for what it is: a global problem that increasingly looks as though it's going to leave everyone in the same place regardless of what they do.

On which note, these numbers make interesting/depressing reading regarding the German anomaly. Suggests Germany is simply a week or so behind us.

#COVID19 death tolls
    Germany yesterday: 583
    Germany today: 732

UK five days ago: 578
    UK four days ago: 759

Spain 14 days ago: 598
    Spain 13 days ago: 767
    Increasingly, the most striking thing about this crisis is not the difference between countries but the similarities. Apart from China, of course, but they're lying their arses off - which makes the readiness of various useful idiots in politics and the media to help them do so simply astonishing.

Pokster's type??? What type is that then? So the fact that I think the Govt is actually doing about as well as it could in these times rather ruins your jumped up ****ty response doesn't it.. ****, you ,not the Govt
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar