Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Yes, me too. Almost as if b changed the wording of his original post ..Berni?
    Yes. And I somehow managed to do so without leaving the stamp that makes it clear a post has been edited, did I?

That's much more likely than you being a semi-literate ****, h.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. And I somehow managed to do so without leaving the stamp that makes it clear a post has been edited, did I?

That's much more likely than you being a semi-literate ****, h.
    Well seeing as three people all misread it in exactly the same manner I merely posited the question, you deeply unpleasant rancorous old w@nker

Bit personal, la.
    :snigger: vg b

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong
    Pokster's type??? What type is that then? So the fact that I think the Govt is actually doing about as well as it could in these times rather ruins your jumped up ****ty response doesn't it.. ****, you ,not the Govt
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You keep using the word 'happy' in order to frame this as some sort of desire on my part for old people to die (and, incidentally, you as the virtuous one). In fact, I have two parents who've been in lockdown since the first week in March because they don't want to catch it. I desperately want them to be OK.

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in the bigger picture this is a disproportionate response.

Nothing about any of it makes me 'happy'. So fúck off with that, OK?
    OK, not happy (sorry if that was the wrong word). You'd rather the economy was protected rather than the measures put in place so far
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    He's moving down on Saturday for 3 months.

Wish me luck..................................
    Good luck, M. I don't envy you. One of the advantages of having three older (and much richer) sisters is that any semblance I might be responsible for parental care is simply laughed off

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Good luck, M. I don't envy you. One of the advantages of having three older (and much richer) sisters is that any semblance I might be responsible for parental care is simply laughed off
    I'd imagine moving to the Fatherland helps as well. You crafty genius LA
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I'd imagine moving to the Fatherland helps as well. You crafty genius LA
    One of them lives in Australia tbf - that really is cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    OK, not happy (sorry if that was the wrong word). You'd rather the economy was protected rather than the measures put in place so far
    Not even that, actually. I just think we need to have an adult discussion about just what size of long-term hit to our way of life and standard of living we as a society are prepared to take relative to the threat posed by this disease. And by ‘adult’ I mean ‘not immediately hijacked by people accusing others who are trying to take a coldly dispassionate view of the likely outcomes of being heartless bàstards who want old people to die’.

Not even that, actually. I just think we need to have an adult discussion about just what size of long-term hit to our way of life and standard of living we as a society are prepared to take relative to the threat posed by this disease. And by ‘adult’ I mean ‘not immediately hijacked by people accusing others who are trying to take a coldly dispassionate view of the likely outcomes of being heartless bàstards who want old people to die’.
    Saying that, we had an electrician in a couple of weeks ago and as we were discussing the developing situation he said "You know, in a funny kind of way, I hope my old ma gets it". We asked him why, assuming he'd tell us that she had severe dementia or some other condition that had left her with a terrible quality of life. Imagine our surprise when he coldly replied, "I f*cking hate her".