Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is rather the point of what I wrote. That we and every other country that's locked down would have some serious explaining to do if the Swedes end up doing not much worse than us.
    No, you wanted us to go down Sweden's route, not that there would be explaining to do, you were happy if more people died if it protected the economy
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    No, you wanted us to go down Sweden's route, not that there would be explaining to do, you were happy if more people died if it protected the economy
    To be frank, this is a peculiarly small minded stance to take.

Every day we decide to allow people to die for economic reasons. The NHS doesn’t have an open-ended budget, it allocates resource as best it can - and some people die. When there’s a famine in Africa we may send some aid, but the amount is limited to protect our economy, and people die.

Pearl-clutching and refusing to use your brain doesn’t change the pragmatic reality with which we all live.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Amazed how many people in this thread have misunderstood your point
    I must admit, i read it wrongly the first time. Was early in the morning now. How's your old man holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I must admit, i read it wrongly the first time. Was early in the morning now. How's your old man holding up?
    Bit personal, la.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You keep using the word 'happy' in order to frame this as some sort of desire on my part for old people to die (and, incidentally, you as the virtuous one). In fact, I have two parents who've been in lockdown since the first week in March because they don't want to catch it. I desperately want them to be OK.

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in the bigger picture this is a disproportionate response.

Nothing about any of it makes me 'happy'. So fúck off with that, OK?

He's moving down on Saturday for 3 months.

Wish me luck..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You keep using the word 'happy' in order to frame this as some sort of desire on my part for old people to die (and, incidentally, you as the virtuous one). In fact, I have two parents who've been in lockdown since the first week in March because they don't want to catch it. I desperately want them to be OK.

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in macro terms, this is a disproportionate response.

Nothing about any of it makes me 'happy'. So fúck off with that, OK?
    I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong

Yes, me too. Almost as if b changed the wording of his original post ..Berni?

I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong
    Stop wacking your tongue up Berni's a-hole m - he still thinks you're a kunt

I just wish people could grow up and have the sense to leave party politics/Brexit/whatever out of it and see it for what it is: a global problem that increasingly looks as though it's going to leave everyone in the same place regardless of what they do.

On which note, these numbers make interesting/depressing reading regarding the German anomaly. Suggests Germany is simply a week or so behind us.

#COVID19 death tolls
    Germany yesterday: 583
    Germany today: 732

UK five days ago: 578
    UK four days ago: 759

Spain 14 days ago: 598
    Spain 13 days ago: 767
    Increasingly, the most striking thing about this crisis is not the difference between countries but the similarities. Apart from China, of course, but they're lying their arses off - which makes the readiness of various useful idiots in politics and the media to help them do so simply astonishing.