Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

Temperature spiked yesterday. "Here we go" thinks I.

So I go to bed last night feeling a bit rough and assuming things are going to get worse. I have some pretty freaky dreams (one featuring Sir C and him getting possessed and his arms going weird, but that's not important right now) and wake up this morning feeling...absolutely fine. Bit washed out, but basically fine. Temperature normal, sore throat gone.

So here's the question: Did I not have it and just have some sort of gay ordinary bug? Or did I have it, still have it and it's going to come back in some horrid form? Or have I just been really lucky and just had it incredibly mildly?

What do you think, Awimb?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

So I go to bed last night feeling a bit rough and assuming things are going to get worse. I have some pretty freaky dreams (one featuring Sir C and him getting possessed and his arms going weird, but that's not important right now) and wake up this morning feeling...absolutely fine. Bit washed out, but basically fine. Temperature normal, sore throat gone.

So here's the question: Did I not have it and just have some sort of gay ordinary bug? Or did I have it, still have it and it's going to come back in some horrid form? Or have I just been really lucky and just had it incredibly mildly?

It could be it. I am sure loads of us have already had it. When the full picture is known later on hopefully we won’t have to go through this nonsense again.

The mathematicians (nerds) reckon 80% of the population have been infected already.

So chances are you did get it.

I was feeling feverish yesterday so had a curry from my local felt perfectly fine today.

I've read a few accounts of people feeling incredibly rough then absolutely fine followed by rough again. Saying it comes in waves, a sort of covid tsunami if you will. RIP B
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Have you been out recently? If so you’ve probably had it. My girlfriends dad was sick for two weeks, her mum for about 10 days. Not much of a fever but they both had dry coughs and the rest. Me and the girlfriend felt like we were coming down with something and then next day we woke up and both felt fine. We found out on the weekend that a bloke at her dads work tested positive for covid-19 (although there’s four floors between them at work). Still, we probably all had it in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The mathematicians (nerds) reckon 80% of the population have been infected already.

So chances are you did get it.

I was feeling feverish yesterday so had a curry from my local felt perfectly fine today.
    Then they need to test everyone and we can all get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Have you been out recently? If so you’ve probably had it. My girlfriends dad was sick for two weeks, her mum for about 10 days. Not much of a fever but they both had dry coughs and the rest. Me and the girlfriend felt like we were coming down with something and then next day we woke up and both felt fine. We found out on the weekend that a bloke at her dads work tested positive for covid-19 (although there’s four floors between them at work). Still, we probably all had it in one form or another.
    I keep reading that the Swedish Govt don’t give a toss about their elderly and vulnerable.
    Expendable damage ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I keep reading that the Swedish Govt don’t give a toss about their elderly and vulnerable.
    Expendable damage ?
    They’ve just decided there’s no point putting everyone in lockdown because the end result will be the same. Some people will get it and some people will die. They put the responsibility on the individual rather than the government having to force it on everyone. They’ve put some restrictions in place like banning visits to old people’s homes and no public events with more than 50 people. The rest is guidance that they believe most will follow without having to enforce restrictions. Social distancing, stay at home for two weeks if you’re sick, work from home if you can. Most people have listened. It’s fairly empty in most places.

We’ve had 180 die so far, most over 80.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Expendable damage ?
    Well they've gone down the herd immunity route. If they come through without significantly higher numbers of deaths than the rest of us, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.

No, that's how it was with me. After the grim night felt somehow renovated..but then

it returns like a pernicious demon. And in your dreams tonight Sir C will violently plunder your very bowels while a multi-headed Ganpz stands watching pitiless to your cries for help and chants Hindi obscenities.