Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bosch seem to be holding up rather well...

The Bosch seem to be holding up rather well...

50k cases with fewer than 400 stiffs..

I’m not really surprised if their motorway discipline towards the Rettungswagen is anything to go by...

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post

I’m not really surprised if their motorway discipline towards the Rettungswagen is anything to go by...
    They’re testing a lot more than other countries. There’s probably a lot more undetected cases in other countries which is why the cases to deaths ratio looks worse.

It is all Euro lies to make Brexit seem like a bad idea. You'll see!

I see you lot are toughing it out with herd immunity Goats?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I see you lot are toughing it out with herd immunity Goats?
    Yeah. A typically Swedish response. The fear of doing too much means they inevitably do very little. They introduced some tougher restrictions today by reducing the maximum number of people allowed at public events to 50 down from 500. This doesn’t include pubs, bars, restaurants etc. Schools are still open as well (for 1-14 year olds anyway). Our curve has levelled off a bit at the minute so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    They’re testing a lot more than other countries. There’s probably a lot more undetected cases in other countries which is why the cases to deaths ratio looks worse.
    They’re farking cheating, as usual ...
    Tweet from Brillo pad -
    Not sure that necessarily follows, Pippa. Germany, I'm told, records as cause of death any underlying condition (if there is one) even if they had coronavirus. We record it as CV death if they had virus regardless of underlying conditions. See Prof Lee in The Spectator.

They’re farking cheating, as usual ...
    Tweet from Brillo pad -
    Not sure that necessarily follows, Pippa. Germany, I'm told, records as cause of death any underlying condition (if there is one) even if they had coronavirus. We record it as CV death if they had virus regardless of underlying conditions. See Prof Lee in The Spectator.
    Actually not true but if it makes you happy

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Here's the article, which doesn't say what Neil says it does, but does correctly point out that the idea that there can be wildly differing death rates in otherwise comparable countries is patently nonsensical.

This is the key quote:

The data on Covid-19 differs wildly from country to country. Look at the figures for Italy and Germany. At the time of writing, Italy has 69,176 recorded cases and 6,820 deaths, a rate of 9.9 per cent. Germany has 32,986 cases and 157 deaths, a rate of 0.5 per cent. Do we think that the strain of virus is so different in these nearby countries as to virtually represent different diseases? Or that the populations are so different in their susceptibility to the virus that the death rate can vary more than twentyfold? If not, we ought to suspect systematic error, that the Covid-19 data we are seeing from different countries is not directly comparable.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ar-as-we-think

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Here's the article, which doesn't say what Neil says it does, but does correctly point out that the idea that there can be wildly differing death rates in otherwise comparable countries is patently nonsensical.

This is the key quote:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ar-as-we-think
    I would actually say that Italy is proving to be a quite spectacularly different case though - and the more thorough testing in Germany is contributing the difference in rates. That is an excellent article and much more nuanced read, as you say, than Neil made it out to be

I would actually say that Italy is proving to be a quite spectacularly different case though - and the more thorough testing in Germany is contributing the difference in rates. That is an excellent article and much more nuanced read, as you say, than Neil made it out to be
    Oh, there are certainly regional differences that may be as much to do with cultural factors as anything. There's not much doubt that southern Europe is having a worse go of it that northern Europe, which is very probably due to simple things like levels of tactility, the number of multi-generational households, greater proximity, etc. Equally, countries with high elderly muslim populations are seeing disproportionate death rates among them because of (again) multi-generational households, cultural and communal factors.

There are huge numbers of factors, but the points stands that direct comparisons are pretty meaningless.

Death ratios in various countries do not make me happy.
    Just wanted to put that on the record for fear of doubt