Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C, you promised to tell me today if you really are collecting the 4 horses of the

C, you promised to tell me today if you really are collecting the 4 horses of the

apocalypse in your back garden.

You've now added Plague to your castrated Famine. When are War and Death showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

You've now added Plague to your castrated Famine. When are War and Death showing up?
    Would be nice if he calls the next one Binky

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would be nice if he calls the next one Binky
    Good idea.

I was thinking of the bit in Good Omens when the 4 horsemen turn up. But I could also see C as Crowley, a gent in a vintage motor who's actually a demon of hell but trying to thwart his satanic boss.

The BBC Radio adaptation of that was actually rather good. All their Pratchetts were. Much better than the various channels' telly attempts.

Anyway, C hasn't answered. Do you reckon that's because he's been rumbled? Have War and Death been quarantined before he can get his beelzebubian mitts on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Good idea.

I was thinking of the bit in Good Omens when the 4 horsemen turn up. But I could also see C as Crowley, a gent in a vintage motor who's actually a demon of hell but trying to thwart his satanic boss.

The BBC Radio adaptation of that was actually rather good. All their Pratchetts were. Much better than the various channels' telly attempts.

Anyway, C hasn't answered. Do you reckon that's because he's been rumbled? Have War and Death been quarantined before he can get his beelzebubian mitts on them?
    I thought the recent adaptation of Good Omens was rather fantastic (and, yes, there is something of the Crowley in Sir C ). Radio adaptation is fantastic as well - as is the one of Night Watch, which I think is my favourite.

The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse are indeed in Good Omens, joined by the Four ( Big Ted, Pigbog, Greaser and Scuzz.)

As for Sir C, I suspect he is plotting the End of Times now. I believe he is down to his last 40 bottles of wine

70527E7D-B35D-4C88-A656-909C9CCA3BDE.jpg

I’m here, g. I’ve been tending to my beasties. Betty is a kind, gentle and polite pony who was rescued by the RSPCA from someone who wasn’t looking after her properly. She needs some care and some building up, but she’s an absolute sweetheart and she loves cuddles and coming for walks around the field. When I pick her hooves I don’t even need to pull a fetlock - just tap her leg and she lifts the hoof for inspection.

Barney is still a cheeky young chap but is entirely good natured and he also loves cuddles, showing his face into the crook of my arm and blowing his warm, hay-scented breath at me.

They’re happily sharing their field with the extended fox family we’ve been feeding for several years, countless rabbits several pheasants and numerous birds.

Outside my kitchen window is a true Little Eden. It makes me choke up sometimes when I look outside.

I’ve said it for years, g. People are vile. Beasties is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I thought the recent adaptation of Good Omens was rather fantastic (and, yes, there is something of the Crowley in Sir C ). Radio adaptation is fantastic as well - as is the one of Night Watch, which I think is my favourite.

The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse are indeed in Good Omens, joined by the Four ( Big Ted, Pigbog, Greaser and Scuzz.)

As for Sir C, I suspect he is plotting the End of Times now. I believe he is down to his last 40 bottles of wine
    I didn't watch it. I saw a glimpse and it all seemed a bit CGI. I think with things like that, unless they spend an absolute fortune, it's better to leave it to the imagination with book or radio.

On the radio, the voice of Crowley was, well, I was gonna say divine, but I suppose I should just say stunning. Sounded just like I imagined Crowley would.

Also, Adam/Damian's dad was played by Arthur Dent.

Yes, there is a touch of Crowley about C. But he's not turned up today. Maybe the 4 horsemen have turned up with Famine and Plague riding pillion, looking for the two lost horses. Poor lad could have trouble explaining that away to four irate demons.

But if they turn up just before the 2ndd Coming, does that mean Bergkamp's coming back to us?

I didn't watch it. I saw a glimpse and it all seemed a bit CGI. I think with things like that, unless they spend an absolute fortune, it's better to leave it to the imagination with book or radio.

On the radio, the voice of Crowley was, well, I was gonna say divine, but I suppose I should just say stunning. Sounded just like I imagined Crowley would.

Also, Adam/Damian's dad was played by Arthur Dent.

Yes, there is a touch of Crowley about C. But he's not turned up today. Maybe the 4 horsemen have turned up with Famine and Plague riding pillion, looking for the two lost horses. Poor lad could have trouble explaining that away to four irate demons.

But if they turn up just before the 2ndd Coming, does that mean Bergkamp's coming back to us?
    Crowley on the radion was Peter Serafinowicz - truly exceptional voice for radio. And Mark Heap was Azarephale - also one of my favourite actors

That’s so beautiful C, I’m almost in tears. And I agree about humans v animals, always thought that and always will

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    That’s so beautiful C, I’m almost in tears. And I agree about humans v animals, always thought that and always will
    You know dat b. You’ll be surrounded by wildlife when you’re in the sticks too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    70527E7D-B35D-4C88-A656-909C9CCA3BDE.jpg

I’m here, g. I’ve been tending to my beasties. Betty is a kind, gentle and polite pony who was rescued by the RSPCA from someone who wasn’t looking after her properly. She needs some care and some building up, but she’s an absolute sweetheart and she loves cuddles and coming for walks around the field. When I pick her hooves I don’t even need to pull a fetlock - just tap her leg and she lifts the hoof for inspection.

Barney is still a cheeky young chap but is entirely good natured and he also loves cuddles, showing his face into the crook of my arm and blowing his warm, hay-scented breath at me.

They’re happily sharing their field with the extended fox family we’ve been feeding for several years, countless rabbits several pheasants and numerous birds.

Outside my kitchen window is a true Little Eden. It makes me choke up sometimes when I look outside.

I’ve said it for years, g. People are vile. Beasties is best.
    Hmmm. Dunno. What about bats and all their bat AIDS? Bats can fúck off.

And thon parasitic wasps that convinced Darwin there was no benign God? They're nasty c@nts.