Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been reading the experiences of those who've had the chinkyflu

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, sure. I'm not doing the conspiracy theory thing, I'm just trying to find a reason why this is being treated as it is when the demographics and mortality rates appear not to justify it.
    so 250k deaths are ok?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    it in. Thought it was a mild Flu at one point then, for one night only, it got really vicious. Raging fever, dry cough, and aches in my jaw bones and shoulders unlike anything previously experienced. Nearly took myself to hospital.

Shouldn't we be telling Boris and how do we get in touch? You're a swivel, brexy lunatic c - he'll listen to you.
    Yes, but given your propensity for handling jobbies one would expect you to get all sorts of foul diseases, h. You've probably had the fúcking plague!

Oh, sure. I'm not doing the conspiracy theory thing, I'm just trying to find a reason why this is being treated as it is when the demographics and mortality rates appear not to justify it.
    When you look at it in those terms then it looks a massive overreaction. However all the countries involved are actually putting people before money here which I never thought I'd ever see. I think we've probably got this just about right at the moment, would be thousands more deaths if most of the population caught this around the same time.

Got any spare bog roll?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    so 250k deaths are ok?
    The global economy going down the sh*tter will ultimately kill more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    so 250k deaths are ok?
    :sigh: No, p. No deaths are 'OK'. But the fact is that profoundly distasteful calculations have to be made in situations like this. And one of those calculations is what the long-term cost in lives and livelihoods will be of bringing the global economy to a virtual standstill for an indefinite period. We have to make a judgement about which is the lesser of two evils here.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    When you look at it in those terms then it looks a massive overreaction. However all the countries involved are actually putting people before money here which I never thought I'd ever see. I think we've probably got this just about right at the moment, would be thousands more deaths if most of the population caught this around the same time.

Got any spare bog roll?
    That's all very touching, b, but the fact is that you can't separate people and money as if one had nothing to do with the other. It's like trying to separate blood and organs.

Deprioritising money will have a savage negative effect on people as they lose jobs, homes, businesses, etc. That means less tax income and less effective public services, which means - you guessed it - more dead people.

To be honest, my more cynical view is that in these days of instant communications, social media, cameraphones, etc, it's not politically possible for a government to be seen to preside over large numbers of deaths in the short term without being seen to do apparently radical things to try and prevent them - even if it what they do is massively harmful in the longer term.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-19-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    and recovered, and I'm calling it now: I had this in the first week of December.

Symptoms, timing, recovery, everything identical. Yes, I know that's too early, but I'm telling you, I HAD IT.

If you wish to buy a drop of my immuneoblood, see my agent.
    You are most definitely not the first person I personally know that has said this. I did see a response to one that yes, you may have had a virus in December, yes you may have even had a coronavirus in December, but it is more probable that it wasn't the Covid 19 strain that is taking over the world now. Let's not forget coronavirus has been around for a long time, it is the special characteristics of this strain that are causing the reactions we are seeing.

That's all very touching, b, but the fact is that you can't separate people and money as if one had nothing to do with the other. It's like trying to separate blood and organs.

Deprioritising money will have a savage negative effect on people as they lose jobs, homes, businesses, etc. That means less tax income and less effective public services, which means - you guessed it - more dead people.
    Awwwww, a Tory suddenly caring about the quality of public services for the most vulnerable. How quaint.

Yes, but given your propensity for handling jobbies one would expect you to get all sorts of foul diseases, h. You've probably had the fúcking plague!
    Are you suggesting that your own mother doesn't keep her jobbie gear clean b?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The global economy going down the sh*tter will ultimately kill more.
    250k was in this country, the economy going down the pan wouldn't kill 250k in the UK

Globally it is millions, so would you be happy with that?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar