Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been reading the experiences of those who've had the chinkyflu

I've been reading the experiences of those who've had the chinkyflu

and recovered, and I'm calling it now: I had this in the first week of December.

Symptoms, timing, recovery, everything identical. Yes, I know that's too early, but I'm telling you, I HAD IT.

If you wish to buy a drop of my immuneoblood, see my agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If you wish to buy a drop of my immuneoblood, see my agent.
    can't afford that, sc.

Talking of which, the prices of laptops, webcams and other home-working stuff appears to be heading north, if you have any spare.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    can't afford that, sc.

Talking of which, the prices of laptops, webcams and other home-working stuff appears to be heading north, if you have any spare.
    I don't really understand how anyone has a job to do, really. Everyone I know works in either the motor industry or the airline industry, and they're all sitting around scratching.

I don't really understand how anyone has a job to do, really. Everyone I know works in either the motor industry or the airline industry, and they're all sitting around scratching.
    I've discovered that our intra-office communication is actually much better when we don't have an office. People I've barely spoken to in two years are popping up on Microsoft Teams every five minutes to ask me some pain-in-the-arse question. It's fúcking irritating.

I'm still wondering if this isn't a huge overreaction, to be honest. At the moment we seem to be proceeding on the basis that something that might kill half a million of - let's be brutal - our less productive people is worth tanking our entire economy for.
    That's admirably humane of us in the short term, but I'm not convinced it's actually very sensible in a macro, long-term sense.

Unless, of course, it's potentially worse than they're letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm still wondering if this isn't a huge overreaction, to be honest. At the moment we seem to be proceeding on the basis that something that might kill half a million of - let's be brutal - our less productive people is worth tanking our entire economy for.
    That's admirably humane of us in the short term, but I'm not convinced it's actually very sensible in a macro, long-term sense.

I'd imagine everyone has considered the potential benefits to the welfare system, and pensions in particular, of a tragic reduction in the population of olds - but few would dare admit to it.

In my experience it's really not so bad. I mean I was unpleasantly ill for 3 or 4 days, but only at 'nasty flu' levels, not 'I need an ambulance' levels.

I suppose I am young and fit, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Regarding your final point, if it were the case that it's potentially worse than they're letting on, are there not likely to be too many agencies working on this who are external to government to avoid any doomsday info leaking out?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Regarding your final point, if it were the case that it's potentially worse than they're letting on, are there not likely to be too many agencies working on this who are external to government to avoid any doomsday info leaking out?
    Oh, sure. I'm not doing the conspiracy theory thing, I'm just trying to find a reason why this is being treated as it is when the demographics and mortality rates appear not to justify it.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-19-2020 at 01:11 PM.

I had it mid Feb. I am convinced it was here before the fella from Brighton brought

and recovered, and I'm calling it now: I had this in the first week of December.

Symptoms, timing, recovery, everything identical. Yes, I know that's too early, but I'm telling you, I HAD IT.

If you wish to buy a drop of my immune blood, see my agent.
    it in. Thought it was a mild Flu at one point then, for one night only, it got really vicious. Raging fever, dry cough, and aches in my jaw bones and shoulders unlike anything previously experienced. Nearly took myself to hospital.

Shouldn't we be telling Boris and how do we get in touch? You're a swivel, brexy lunatic c - he'll listen to you.

some of us have proper jobs
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar