Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Covid-19 thingy could actually be quite good fun

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The woodsmoke is the real benefit. You can't replicate that indoors.
    Yeah, not sure I'm that big of a fan of the wood smoke flavour, though. And barbecue sauce is too sweet for my taste, I can enjoy it but only so much.

Which sort of takes me back to my point of whether it's worth it or not. I do like the idea of making pizza in it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It all just gets stuck between my teeth these days anyway. I'm not sure when my teeth started moving further apart such that it's become virtually impossible to eat meat without then having to ferret bits out for the next 20 minutes, but that does seem to be one of the effects of age for me. Quite tiresome.
    Not just you, b

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not just you, b
    Good to know, la. I feel better about it now.

I suppose it's a function of the old receding gums, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah, not sure I'm that big of a fan of the wood smoke flavour, though. And barbecue sauce is too sweet for my taste, I can enjoy it but only so much.

Which sort of takes me back to my point of whether it's worth it or not. I do like the idea of making pizza in it, though.
    It seems a lot of fuel to burn just to make one pizza, but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Just buy an outdoor pizza oven for about 1/10th of the price of a Big Gay Egg

It seems a lot of fuel to burn just to make one pizza, but what do I know?
    Actually one of the benefits of the kamado-style ceramic barbecue is the minimal amount of charcoal required. You get a long, hot burn with very little fuel. Ideally, of course, you need to use the good stuff; the restaurant-grade big blosk charcoal, which isn't cheap, but you only need a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually one of the benefits of the kamado-style ceramic barbecue is the minimal amount of charcoal required. You get a long, hot burn with very little fuel. Ideally, of course, you need to use the good stuff; the restaurant-grade big blosk charcoal, which isn't cheap, but you only need a little.
    I see. Monty called your egg gay, btw.

I see. Monty called your egg gay, btw.
    I'm glad. I want him to reject the kamado barbecue; if he bought one it would bring him a great deal of pleasure for many years, and the thought of him denying himself even the tiniest of joys in his worthless existence cheers me up no end.

It all just gets stuck between my teeth these days anyway. I'm not sure when my teeth started moving further apart such that it's become virtually impossible to eat meat without then having to ferret bits out for the next 20 minutes, but that does seem to be one of the effects of age for me. Quite tiresome.
    Perhaps you have scurvy.

Have you ever eaten a vegetable? No, potatoes don't count. I mean something green. Other than the cabbage you boil with your bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Perhaps you have scurvy.

Have you ever eaten a vegetable? No, potatoes don't count. I mean something green. Other than the cabbage you boil with your bacon.
    Must you be such a big racist?