Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will we get around to properly vilifying the Chinks over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Ooh that's an idea for the weekend. What did you put in them - anything sexy?
    Extremely basic, just grated potato (juice squeezed out, naturally) grated onion, an egg, a tablespoon of potato flour and a gnat's cock of garlic powder. They made me crave a salt beef sandwich actually.

I miss salt beef sandwiches. There's just no jews round these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Extremely basic, just grated potato (juice squeezed out, naturally) grated onion, an egg, a tablespoon of potato flour and a gnat's cock of garlic powder. They made me crave a salt beef sandwich actually.

Funny thing about salt beef sandwiches is that the good ones are clustered in a really steep bell curve, so you either have to go to a really modest suburban deli in an area with a large number of Jewishers, or somewhere high-end like the Harrods food court. Anywhere in between is a guarantee of mediocre at best.

The missus seems very likely to have it. Had nailed on symptoms this week and has spent time in recent weeks with a friend who got sick after travelling to Milan about 3 weeks ago.

Of course, disappointingly for your rabid desire to blame the Heebs, she is - famously - a goy.
    To be honest, the confirmed infection figures are meaningless. The only reliable indicator of the spread of the disease are hospitalisations and deaths.

Funny thing about salt beef sandwiches is that the good ones are clustered in a really steep bell curve, so you either have to go to a really modest suburban deli in an area with a large number of Jewishers, or somewhere high-end like the Harrods food court. Anywhere in between is a guarantee of mediocre at best.
    The Brass Rail at Delsfridges is reliable, but the best I've ever eaten used to be at a little family-owned café on the Finchley Road. What was that place called now? Cohen's, or Kike's, something like that.

I made my own salt beef a few years ago. You just have to buy saltpetre, otherwise your meat will be grey and profoundly unappetising.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I made my own salt beef a few years ago. You just have to buy saltpetre, otherwise your meat will be grey and profoundly unappetising.
    The missus did it for a social gathering when we first got together to try and ingratiate herself with my Jewish friends. The culturally appropriating bitch.

As I recall it's about a 2-week endeavour and you have to cure it in what is technically a poisonous substance.

On a tenuously related note, did you know Bob Wilson's son-in-law died of food poisoning after eating a corned beef sandwich?

Yes, I've done it a couple of times, but I came to the conclusion that it wasn't really worth the faff. And I ended up throwing away several kilos of beef. Who's going to eat a fúcking brisket's worth of salt beef?

The missus did it for a social gathering when we first got together to try and ingratiate herself with my Jewish friends.

As I recall it's about a 2-week endeavour and you effectively have to cure it in a poisonous substance.

On a tenuously related note, did you know Bob Wilson's son-in-law died food food poisoning after eating a corned beef sandwich?
    Serves him right. Tinned corned beef is filthy stuff and not fit for human consumption. Was that the one who was married to his dead daughter? Unlucky family, that.

Yes, I've done it a couple of times, but I came to the conclusion that it wasn't really worth the faff. And I ended up throwing away several kilos of beef. Who's going to eat a fúcking brisket's worth of salt beef?
    I would. Actually, I found the hard part was getting the right sort of bread. And I went with English mustard, which isn't traditional.

Serves him right. Tinned corned beef is filthy stuff and not fit for human consumption. Was that the one who was married to his dead daughter? Unlucky family, that.
    Yeah, he died in the same hospital as her

If it helps redeem him in your eyes, I think it was a sandwich from Aldi.